Feeder Corps

Squires (Watkins Glen, NY) had The Pages

Phantoms feeder was Phantom Legion too and a very good corps in A Class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I marched Regiment in the 80s we had the Phantom Regiment Cadets and the Phantom Regiment Pre-Cadets

The Pre-Cadets were a riot. a pile of kids 5-8, a horn line full of sops, was so great to do the sinissippi concert with them and see how seriously they took it. We would mingle the horn lines of all three corps for the warm up.

Those were the good old days. It's a shame that there are so few local kids in rockford involved with the corps now.

I remember seeing the Pre-Cadets at the Rockford show in 86. They were a riot. I also saw Blue Devils C at their first show in 98. That was great too. Watching these really young kids perform is great.

• 2 weeks later...
Here I am! :P

The Cadets feeder was the Plebes...going back to the 60's or even 50's (not sure).

Problem was that few of the Plebes were ending up in the Big Corps by the late 60's, as kids like me from area small corps joined up.

So...a group of parents split the Plebes away from the Cadets and formed the Epochs, sho marched in teh GSC I think (not sure)...they did not last very long, from my memory.

I believe the Plebes were reformed in the 70's for a while.

Mike, the Plebes were going when I join Garfield Oct. '71' . They were in operation until 1978 when my brother joined the big corps.Numbers were low so that almost wiped them out. They tried to field a winter guard for a while, but I don't think it lasted to long.

507 merged with the Keystone Regiment to create the Crossmen. The Iron Cross was formed a few years later as their feeder corps.

507 Hornets had a feeder corps too. They were called "The Stingers."

Edited by xbones7480

Actually, another few that come to mind were Bridgemen Kidets, Guardsmen Cadets and didn't Kilties have a Kiltie Kadets for a while?

From 1958 until 1982.

http://www.racinekiltiealumni.org/Kiltie_K...Highlights.html

Although the "rookie" corps existed in 1957 and I remember a very small exhibition corps at our show in '82, although the last field corps was '81 for the Kadets.

http://www.racinekiltiealumni.org/1_1957_K...det_Photos.html

http://www.racinekiltiealumni.org/1_1981_K...det_Photos.html

• 2 weeks later...
You are right the Kidetts helped keep the corps going during the dark years of 74 and 75 .Without them I think the Bridgemen would have folded.

"Kidets," not "Kidetts." I was a charter member, there at the first meeting in the gym on 3rd St. We hit the street in 1967. My family moved out of town the following year, so I didn't make the field with the Bridgemen. But a number of the kids who came up with me were with the big corps right up to the DCI break-through in '76 - "77 -'78.

Fred O.

"Kidets," not "Kidetts." I was a charter member, there at the first meeting in the gym on 3rd St. We hit the street in 1967. My family moved out of town the following year, so I didn't make the field with the Bridgemen. But a number of the kids who came up with me were with the big corps right up to the DCI break-through in '76 - "77 -'78.

Fred O.

Fred,you were a Kidet also?I had no idea.Small world. :)I was a Kidet 79-80.

Edited by JeromeyBush