164 members have voted

1. 1. COMPETIVE STATUS

• DCA CORPS 2007
    • Division I 2007
    • DIVISION II 2007
    • DIVISION III 2007
    • INACTIVE 2007
    • FOLD NOW

There are several people in the Drum Corps activity that are very upset that Magic is still fielding a corps every summer and still being allowed to field a corps after what happened financially in 2003 and 2004. I am one of them. I was on the visual staff for the corps in 2003, and I can tell you for an absolute fact that there was, during those two years, gross mismanagement of funds and a blatant disregard for staff contracts as well as the other paid staff including support staff, cooks, corps directors, etc. The fact that there is even an option is appalling. Magic should be made to go inactive until they can reconcile all of the debt that they are simply ignoring, and get on the straight and narrow. This is debt that only DCI or a class action law suit can fix. DCI has been told repeatedly about these problems and they have turned their backs on former staff members and others who are still owed thousands and thousands of dollars. I am over it, and I have sat on this information long enough. People have been wronged and something needs to be done about it. If you would like more factual info, I can contact every person who is still owed money and have them fax me contracts which I would be happy to post online for all to see. Sorry this is so negative, but I love drum corps and I hate to see it abused like this.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several people in the Drum Corps activity that are very upset that Magic is still fielding a corps every summer and still being allowed to field a corps after what happened financially in 2003 and 2004. I am one of them. I was on the visual staff for the corps in 2003, and I can tell you for an absolute fact that there was, during those two years, gross mismanagement of funds and a blatant disregard for staff contracts as well as the other paid staff including support staff, cooks, corps directors, etc. The fact that there is even an option is appalling. Magic should be made to go inactive until they can reconcile all of the debt that they are simply ignoring, and get on the straight and narrow. This is debt that only DCI or a class action law suit can fix. DCI has been told repeatedly about these problems and they have turned their backs on former staff members and others who are still owed thousands and thousands of dollars. I am over it, and I have sat on this information long enough. People have been wronged and something needs to be done about it. If you would like more factual info, I can contact every person who is still owed money and have them fax me contracts which I would be happy to post online for all to see. Sorry this is so negative, but I love drum corps and I hate to see it abused like this.

From what I was told, current management brought the debt from about $400K to 78,000 from 04 to our budget for 07.

FYI -

The people from 2002 and 2003 have been long gone and maybe for that reason. They made finals but at what cost?? Staff were given contracts like ROCK STARS.....the good old NY bingo days! I know for a fact that those with actual contracts have been paid during the past two years or at least offered something by the same people that kept the corps going for the past three years. Think about that, we are talking about 2002 and 2003 and we are going into the 2007 season!!!!!

If my feable mind serves me...In Rochester.. (Ya OK I lived there) there were 3 corps at one time

Rochester Crusaders

Cadets of Greece

Patriots

Then came, Phoenix and Empire Statesman

I've got to ask, what is the deal with this thread title? It's entirely misleading. I was expecting this to be true when I first read this thread.

Also, it seems like we just keep bringing up the same arguments and suggestions for the Magic. We've heard them all, so why not just sit back and wait on their decisions for the 2007 season? It's about all we CAN do at this point.

I've got to ask, what is the deal with this thread title? It's entirely misleading. I was expecting this to be true when I first read this thread.

Also, it seems like we just keep bringing up the same arguments and suggestions for the Magic. We've heard them all, so why not just sit back and wait on their decisions for the 2007 season? It's about all we CAN do at this point.

Topic title has been changed to represent the posters intent.

to go all age would basically put you in direct competition with Heat Wave for members. stay D1 and maybe look at more of a relationship with Heat Wave from a partnership approach.

They already tried that with the Bingo Hall, didn't work.

um, if they go inactive, from what we've seen, there isnt any income.

what do you suggest then?