About that Stanford Stadium deal...

So SCV and BD are gearing up for the Pacific Coast championships one week before DCI in Pasadena. Cool beans. Thumbs up. It'll be the show of shows. No doubt.

BUT...

I went to the website and looked at the actual stadium, and they're offering the "Director's Level" and suites. You can go in and do a 3D dealy bob doo hickey and get the "view" of the stadium from where you're going to buy your ticket. Again...cool beans.

BUT...

I have an IMPORTANT question.

Do the windows in the pressbox open???? Because if not, there's going to be some MIGHTY ticked off $100 ticket buying drum corps fans, that's for sure.

In Madison, I took it upon myself to scare people and open the windows on semifinals day so we could get the sound up to the top level. I'm just curious if I'm going to have to do the same thing in Stanford--or more accurately, CAN I do the same thing? :blink:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on very good authority (someone that has actually visited the Stanford site) that the windows DO open for that level of seating. Furthermore, my source (who has seen somewhere around 600 drum corps shows in-person) says, "This venue could be the BEST drum corps stadium EVER" .... and my friend knows where we sat last year!

No - no balancing act for you next year, Turner. Sorry.

-john

Yeah, but I sure got that Madison dude all riled up! :blink:

Turner=Riff-Raff...good nickname.

Whether the "Riff-Raff" attends or not - this is going to be a GREAT couple of weeks of drum corps in CALIFORNIA!!! The Stanford show has been in the works for quite some time now and I'm very excited see this come to fruition.

A LOT of work has been done by the BD and SCV organizations to put it together, along with DCI ... with the effort led by Kit Rodgers - Treasurer of The Blue Devils, a Stanford Alumnus (and former wide-receiver), and Board Member of the Stanford Athletics' Buck/Cardinal Club. Kit has worked tirelessly to get a major DCI show into the new Stanford Stadium since the day the project was announced by the university - bringing Stanford Athletics and DCI together to make this show a reality. With this announcement, the dream of having a late-season, Northern California show is one step closer. Kudos to Kit and the entire BD/SCV/DCI team that put this together. :blink:

Surrounding the DCI West Championship will be The Blue Devils' 50th Anniversary celebration in Concord, a Blue Devils / Santa Clara Vanguard Alumni performance at the Stanford show, BBQ's and more. One HECK of a weekend .... then we head down to Pasadena for the DCI World Championships.

Yep - it's gonna be a GREAT couple of weeks for drum corps on the west coast in 2007.

More info available here

See you there!

-john