About that Stanford Stadium deal...

everyone loves the stanford pep band :laugh:

Yeah . . .I didn't really get all of that. . :ph34r: I'm still trying to figure out the dancing tree though. Who has a tree as a mascot?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah . . .I didn't really get all of that. . :laugh: I'm still trying to figure out the dancing tree though. Who has a tree as a mascot?

This has been going on since the Stanford brain-trust decided to lead the PC Parade and ditched the name "Indians" for their mascot. Instead they chose "Cardinal". Not a priest, not a bird. Just the color.

Since then, the student body, and the band in particular, have embraced the "tree" as the unofficial mascot. For the origin of why the tree you need look no further than the official school seal.

Stanford Seal

Garry

This has been going on since the Stanford brain-trust decided to lead the PC Parade and ditched the name "Indians" for their mascot. Instead they chose "Cardinal". Not a priest, not a bird. Just the color.

Since then, the student body, and the band in particular, have embraced the "tree" as the unofficial mascot. For the origin of why the tree you need look no further than the official school seal.

Stanford Seal

Garry

As a current Stanford graduate student and a drum corps alum, I have to say I'm quite proud that this fine university is no longer using "Indians" as a mascot. You can call it "PC," but I call it respect for Native Americans.

Speaking of Stanford Stadium, I've been at the stadium while rocking out with the Stanford Band and I would argue it's the best drum corps venue in California for both fans and performers. Not as big as the Rose Bowl, but the most intimate experience can be had there.

David Pham

Pacific Crest 2002-2005

GOOD ONE BUDDY!!

Note to self...still owes me a Diet Coke....check.

come on in to the east and you can collect

As someone who has been to every home game this year and has had the opportunity to see literally every part of the Stadium, I can say it is by far the best stadium for drum corps I have been to.

The sightlines are amazing, the concessions and restroooms are plentiful, and the press box (aka Sky Box) is quite epic. Not to mention, it's all brand new. If only it were large enough to host Finals.

If you can afford the "Luxury Press Box" seats, I would highly recommend them. Marble floors, maple paneling, giant leather chairs for each seat, slide away windows, and the best high view possible. I spent half a game up there, and didn't ever want to leave.

As a current Stanford student, and one who works a lot with Athletics, I am already racking my brain about how I can get involved in this. It is going to be amazing!

• 2 weeks later...