The Renegades-Rule, revisited

Once again, the Caballeros and a few other DCA corps are introducing the Renegades-Rule, a bylaw change that is solely designed to take away the Renegades vote in DCA.

The bylaw reads as follows:

Commencing for the 2008 season: Full Members - The North American all-age corps that finish in the top ten (10) positions at the DCA championship preliminary contest providing they have competed in at least one DCA sanctioned show excluding championship preliminaries and finals shall be full members in a given year. These ten (10) all-age corps will constitute the full (voting) membership for the ensuing year.

On its face, this bylaw change seems to have nothing to do with the Renegades.

However, if you take into account the newly formed DCA South and DCA Midwest, the only pragmatic effect of this bylaws change is to take away the possibility of the San Francisco Renegades remaining a voting DCA member corps. This is nothing but hostility directed towards the Renegades disguised as a bylaw. For the record, I am very disappointed in the Caballeros administration, and anyone else who supports this.

If I am supposed to quietly watch this absurd bylaw get introduced without saying anything, please excuse me. But, this bylaws change is wrong, misguided, and will hurt DCA as a whole. If you don't want the Renegades in DCA, please let us know, instead of pulling stunts like this.

Sincerely,

Lee Rudnicki

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, the Caballeros and a few other DCA corps are introducing the Renegades-Rule, a bylaw change that is solely designed to take away the Renegades vote in DCA.

The bylaw reads as follows:

Commencing for the 2008 season: Full Members - The North American all-age corps that finish in the top ten (10) positions at the DCA championship preliminary contest providing they have competed in at least one DCA sanctioned show excluding championship preliminaries and finals shall be full members in a given year. These ten (10) all-age corps will constitute the full (voting) membership for the ensuing year.

On its face, this bylaw change seems to have nothing to do with the Renegades.

However, if you take into account the newly formed DCA South and DCA Midwest, the only pragmatic effect of this bylaws change is to take away the possibility of the San Francisco Renegades remaining a voting DCA member corps. This is nothing but hostility directed towards the Renegades disguised as a bylaw. For the record, I am very disappointed in the Caballeros administration, and anyone else who supports this.

If I am supposed to quietly watch this absurd bylaw get introduced without saying anything, please excuse me. But, this bylaws change is wrong, misguided, and will hurt DCA as a whole. If you don't want the Renegades in DCA, please let us know, instead of pulling stunts like this.

Sincerely,

Lee Rudnicki

Ok,,

Explain this in a little more detail.

Does that mean that the corps that made the top 14 and had 4 shows in DCA are members in the 2007 season but in 2008 it will only be the top ten with one dca show?

Confused.

It appears that in 08 only the top 10 corps will have a say in the matter???Am I correct?

Maybe I don't understand, but doesn't this mean they're loosening the restrictions on becoming a voting member? Today you had to have competed in at least 4 DCA sanctioned shows to become a full voting member. The sad part is it sounds like they're cutting down the number of corps' that can become voting members from 14 to 10; therefore control of the organizations direction will be controlled by fewer minds.

Maybe I don't understand, but doesn't this mean they're loosening the restrictions on becoming a voting member?

Not sure really.

It seems that are not giving credit for participation at DCA shows. Only to the corps that score high enough.Sounds like its intended only for the elite to have a say in the way DCA does bussiness.

I would think you would want the corps that are actually participating in DCA and keeping shows alive to be the ones voting,,,but what do I know.

How many corps in the top 10 only had ONE DCA show this season?One Maybe?

Also it sounds like this new rule would Hurt a international corps from around the "WORLD"(Inspires) from having a say in the way DCA does bussiness?

Is this really what DCA wants to tell our brother across the sea?ITs ok if you come to our shows and become champions but we don't want you to have a say in the way we do bussiness? :doh::doh: