Sadness in the Caballero Family

It is with great sadness that we tell you of the death of Patrick Michael Short, beloved son of Dale Russo and step-son of Jimmy Russo. Patrick died suddenly on November 6, 2006 at the age of 32.

Dale marched with the Hawthorne Caballeros competing corps and currently performs with our alumni. Jimmy Russo is currently the Public Relations Director and former drum major for the Hawthorne Caballeros. Jimmy is also the drum major for our Alumni Corps. Immediately following are the arrangements and the obituary for Patrick.

Patrick Michael Short

Pat was born in Voorhees, NJ and graduated Deptford High School in 1993, where he was a active football and baseball player. After graduation, Pat relocated to Myrtle Beach with his cousins and started a painting business. He moved back into the area to be with his family and joined The International Painter’s Union, Local #345 in Philadelphia, where he was a painter. Pat enjoyed his work and was truly a Pittsburg Steelers fan. Pat was a loving and caring man who will be sadly missed.

He is the devoted son of Thomas Short and Dale (nee Smallzell) Short- Russo and her husband James. Beloved brother of Ryan Short and David McIntyre. Loving grandson of Howard Short. Also survived by many dear aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Viewing Friday 6:30 PM—9 PM and Saturday 8 AM - 9 AM in the McGuinness Funeral Home, 34 Hunter St., Woodbury, NJ

Funeral Mass Saturday 10 AM in St. Matthew’s R.C. Church, 4th & Monument, National Park, NJ.

Interment New St. Mary’s Cemetery, Bellmawr.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Children’s Hospital, Foundation, 34th St. & Civic Center Blvd., Philadelphia, Pa 19104-4399

What a trying week it has been for our fellow Caballeros. How awful.

God Bless................

Kay, if you would be so kind as to pass on my condolences to Jimmy and Dale I would REALLY appreciate it. I will not be able to make it out there although I would like them to know that those of us who always enjoyed watching Jimmy's antics on the podium are there for them. Rest in Peace Patrick..... :(

Our deepest condolences to Dale, Jimmy, and their family, and all members of the Caballero family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, at this very difficult time.

Jim Jordan and the entire Bridgemen family.

My sincere condolences to Jimmy, Dale, their families and the Caballero family.

from all of us in Harrisburg, our deepest condolences to you all