Chicago corps

I've been having some trouble finding Division II and III corps in the Chicago area. Does anyone have names of corps or know where I can get more info? Thanks greatly.

As another alternative to potentially explore visit HERE We encourage doing Div I, II, or III, but if it may not be possible, there is an alternative sector.

We've seen many of our members over the years (after getting some experience and quality instruction) go on to perform with The Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Glassmen, Colts, Madison Scouts, Boston Crusaders, Capitol Sound, Crossmen, Pioneer, Capital Regiment etc. Many of our members have actually sponsored those that have been within our ranks that have gone on the a Div I, II, or III program.

Edited by bill

Not Div 2 or 3, but worth noting that Pioneer is also a 1 to 2 hour drive from the Chicago area, depending on where you are.

Hard to believe that when I started marching in the mid-70s, almost every kid in the Chicago area had a corps within a 20 minute drive of his house - sometimes 5 or 6 corps within 20 minutes of his house. Times change... :music:

Not Div 2 or 3, but worth noting that Pioneer is also a 1 to 2 hour drive from the Chicago area, depending on where you are.

Hard to believe that when I started marching in the mid-70s, almost every kid in the Chicago area had a corps within a 20 minute drive of his house - sometimes 5 or 6 corps within 20 minutes of his house. Times change... :music:

It was even moreso decades prior to the 70"s, in all areas of the country. Yes, times change.

I'd have to back up what everybody is saying here. I live in the Chicago area myself and the things to consider when auditioning are your ability level, your finances (which can be worked with anywhere.....hello, sponsorships!), your willingness to travel, and your gender. (Cavaliers still aren't taking girls as of press time.) Phantom, Cavaliers, Pioneer, Racine Scouts, Kilties, and even Capital Sound (and probably a few that I'm forgetting) are roughly equal time away depending on where you are in the area and the amount of traffic. Great things can be said about every organization. As an alum of Capital Sound, I am biased--I love that corps....but when checking out any corps, you want to keep an open mind. Talk to the director, any members you can....see what kind of fit you would make.

Aren't the Chicago Royal-Airs still around? An alumni corps now, but a corps none the less.

http://rdoran.tripod.com/

Edited by bari_benzo

Aren't the Chicago Royal-Airs still around? An alumni corps now, but a corps none the less.

http://rdoran.tripod.com/

Not really. They exist on paper, but last I heard (a few months ago), they were in the process of figuring out how to liquidate the assets.