Any word on 2006 DVDs yet?

Yeah.... What's up with BD05???

Hmmm...I'm really trying to figure out how to say this without sounding like a basher.

The backwards Dance Derby was not the Devils' best showing...not by a long shot. I don't agree with those who say the show was a complete and utter train wreck, but I do think you have to look longer and harder for the good stuff than you normally do with a BD show.

Now this is from memory, but I seem to remember the designers on the BD05 commentary gushing over how great a show it was. I totally get enjoying what you do and doing something for you, but at least call a spade a spade. If you can't admit that your baby isn't perfect, you can't grow.

That's my point with Hoppy. When something doesn't work, he says so on the commentary track. It's refreshing...like the segments in this year's broadcast where Cesario points out imperfections in the drill. That's great. It's the middle ground between the sappy "All drum corps are great!" stuff the official publications usually peddle and the "This PWNED, That SUXX!" bile so often spewed on the net.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't ship this week I will throw my cat out the window!!! :worthy:

Everyone with DCI wishes DVDs could ship sooner than they do, but there were a lot of things I didn't know about producing DVDs until fairly recently that takes a lot longer than producing the CDs.

For example, all those buttons one clicks on to see the various shows and the various alternate comments and views...all those have to be programmed and linked and checked over to be sure they're working properly. This takes a long time. Then there are other issues regarding putting them together that takes constant work from a multitude of people over several weeks.

Frankly, I was surprised because I just didn't know that stuff. Anyone who's ever been involved in putting together a DVD with lots of features can probably chime in with some background on this sort of thing.

It's in DCI's interest to get them out ASAP. It's a herculean effort to get them out when they do.

Dude, you should just do that anyhow.

Maybe they're in the process of loading tons of easter eggs? :P

Now THAT would be pretty cool! You could find secret parking lot clips and hype :)

Looks like my cat is safe...........THANKS DCI!!!!!!! :)