Any word on 2006 DVDs yet?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahooo! i've always thought that having the GE judges commentary worked best, it appeals to the most people that way. As a horn guy, I got very little from hearing the guard and perscussion judges.

theres no more guard judge commentary, they put music GE instead.

Yeah, that's odd to me. Judges are Perc and GE Mus - no visual at all.

Greatest thing about the 06 DVDs - full finale w/ scores!

Greatest thing about the 06 DVDs - full finale w/ scores!

woot

I think they've had those the last few years. What I wouldn't give for those to have been included in the Legacy DVDs, especially in 1996 and 1999.

Edited by Maedhros

One thing I noticed is that the chants of "SCV! SCV!" as they left the field are barely audible (and maybe I'm only hearing it because I'm listening for it). It seemed like the whole stadium was doing it when I was there, but it must have just been the section I was in.

:huh:

I think they've had those the last few years. What I wouldn't give for those to have been included in the Legacy DVDs, especially in 1996 and 1999.

I've said before.....but I would buy a DVD of just the announcement of scores from 1972-2006!!! :lol:

Edited by LaSqueegee

I probably wont get my DVD's til Friday or Saturday or the following Monday...I am glad to see that the Music GE judge is on the DVD's...seeing as that was the big discussion (as well as the Vis GE) of the poit spread between 1st and 2nd

Where as I do like the fact that they've added Music GE, I think it's a downer to see the Guard judge go, because I feel units at home or wherever can really learn from mistakes and judges opinions. I know my best friend is a captain for a University Marching Band and he used it to help out his guard. Oh well. I wish they could've added it and kept Guard.

Where as I do like the fact that they've added Music GE, I think it's a downer to see the Guard judge go, because I feel units at home or wherever can really learn from mistakes and judges opinions. I know my best friend is a captain for a University Marching Band and he used it to help out his guard. Oh well. I wish they could've added it and kept Guard.

Did they edit out negitive comments as they have in past DVD's??

Did they edit out negitive comments as they have in past DVD's??

Dunno what you mean by that. There are negative comments on just about every year, I think. Of course, they're along the line of "this could have been a tad better", not "YOU SUCK!!!! PWNED!!!"

There are several "negative" comments on the DVDs this year, esp. on the 5th & 6th place corps (which is to be expected...the lower the placement, the more "negative" comments).