Best wind ensemble music ever performed in DCI?

There is a Dello Joio event happening this year, I believe. Love "Scenes...", just played it with the community band I am is this past spring, but not sure it's really 'doable' as a field piece. We had it on our list for next fall's band show, but after listening to parts of it last night with a "field show" mindset it just didn't make it to us.

As for Sparke...Cadets version of "Celebration' is part of one of my all-time fave shows, teamed up with "Year of the Dragon", which doesn't count for this thread as it's a brass band piece.

Yeah, I know what you mean about Scenes. I'd love to see a DIV I corps do it, but yeah, it doesn't really seem to be adaptable to the field. And I can't believe I forgot Sparke's Celebration. :blink:

There is a Dello Joio event happening this year, I believe. Love "Scenes...", just played it with the community band I am is this past spring, but not sure it's really 'doable' as a field piece. We had it on our list for next fall's band show, but after listening to parts of it last night with a "field show" mindset it just didn't make it to us.

As for Sparke...Cadets version of "Celebration' is part of one of my all-time fave shows, teamed up with "Year of the Dragon", which doesn't count for this thread as it's a brass band piece.

Actually Mike, it should count, as Mr. Sparke did transcribe it for Wind Ensemble. The first and fourth movements of dance movements are by far the best and would be outstanding on the field. The long run at the end of the fourth one...man oh man...a pit would have a BLAST with that!

SCV played part of Scenes in...2001?

The first and fourth first, second, third, and fourth movements of dance movements are by far the best and would be outstanding on the field.

Fixed. :P

The long run at the end of the fourth one...man oh man...a pit would have a BLAST with that!

Wait...the pit!? If were arranging that movement, that part would definitely be played, but not by the pit... ^0^

Ahem.

Russian Christmas Music. Alfred Reed.

I second this nomination.

October by Eric Whitacre - Spirit 03

Easter Symphony by David Holsinger - Spirit 02

wait...I'm pretty biased :P

Hrothgar15,

For what it's worth, and because I keep running into it on all your posts, I think your signature thing regarding a "theocracy" is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this forum.

It's worth 2 cents.

Oops...with the portion going to pay for the war in Iraq...it's worth only a penny and a half.