Americanos

dcf06

Are the Americanos are done for?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the past four years what do you think will happen>

• Im optimistic they have a strong history. It would be a shame if they gave up.
    • We will see what happens... (idk)
    • Not a chance, they seem to be digging themselves in a hole.
    • They are like y to return later. but I dont see them coming back anytime soon.

Wait... drum corps have corps halls? Wow, that would be expensive! What purpose does the corps hall serve? We always had rehersals at high schools or stadiums.

The Americanos are an old corps and corps back in the day had these places where they had their business offices, bingo hall, and some rehersal space since most of the membership was local.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, they had hard workers with them at times.

Like most organizations that are doomed to close up shop, I am going to guess that they have few people doing all the work.

They are victims of a disinterested community and a very, very low percentage local base. You can gather all the Alumni that the corps can muster; however, it probably would not even scratch the surface of where they probably need to be to get this organization back. The alumni always knew where the corps was. It hasn't moved.

I am guessing that the biggest challenge now is to pay their creditors. The property that their corps/bingo hall sits on is very prime. The building is in very poor shape. There is no reason to keep it unless their Bingo revenues are guaranteed to pay off their debts. I can't imagine staffing a Bingo operation for an organization whose purpose is to pay off debts unless their staff is paid which could be tricky given the strict laws of Non-Prof's in Wisconsin.

I don't know anything about the current organization and my views on this is purely speculation.

Like most organizations that are doomed to close up shop, I am going to guess that they have few people doing all the work.

They are victims of a disinterested community and a very, very low percentage local base. You can gather all the Alumni that the corps can muster; however, it probably would not even scratch the surface of where they probably need to be to get this organization back. The alumni always knew where the corps was. It hasn't moved.

I am guessing that the biggest challenge now is to pay their creditors. The property that their corps/bingo hall sits on is very prime. The building is in very poor shape. There is no reason to keep it unless their Bingo revenues are guaranteed to pay off their debts. I can't imagine staffing a Bingo operation for an organization whose purpose is to pay off debts unless their staff is paid which could be tricky given the strict laws of Non-Prof's in Wisconsin.

I don't know anything about the current organization and my views on this is purely speculation.

Its funny that you can guess those problems. This seems to be a problem for more than one corps. Has any corps tried to use their braud membership to their advantace. Like opening multiple soarces of revenue.

The Americanos are an old corps and corps back in the day had these places where they had their business offices, bingo hall, and some rehersal space since most of the membership was local.

Back in the 80 the corps was planning on building a million dollar hall. They were going to raise 500k then morgage 500k, this however didnt happen. they are now in the buliding with the money they were able to get. Its not a bad building the have dont alot of renovation to it, but they havent been keeping up with it and its costing them LOTS...

When Canos were planning to get a new hall it wasn going to be theres. It was going to be owned by Butch kolosso, he was going to run a banquet hall and allow the americanos to run there bingo/ events in, it wasnt really going to cost the organization anything... the bing operation is a joke... the manager is paying out crap loads of money to the employees who are SUPRISE really good friends with her. I beilve the last dollar adn hour i hear was some where around 10.00 which i belive in WI is illegal...

I know why the bingo program is still running. But i cant share that because it would look really slanderous....

Edited by dcf06

Back in the 80 the corps was planning on building a million dollar hall. They were going to raise 500k then morgage 500k, this however didnt happen. they are now in the buliding with the money they were able to get. Its not a bad building the have dont alot of renovation to it, but they havent been keeping up with it and its costing them LOTS...

When Canos were planning to get a new hall it wasn going to be theres. It was going to be owned by Butch kolosso, he was going to run a banquet hall and allow the americanos to run there bingo/ events in, it wasnt really going to cost the organization anything... the bing operation is a joke... the manager is paying out crap loads of money to the employees who are SUPRISE really good friends with her. I beilve the last dollar adn hour i hear was some where around 10.00 which i belive in WI is illegal...

I know why the bingo program is still running. But i cant share that because it would look really slanderous....

the building needs to be replaced. the estamate on the roof was going to cost over 150,000. And you did address the board's problem: lack of following through on ideas.

In 01 I paid of some of my dues by painting the outside of the corps hall, and working bingo.

In 01 and 02 we would do all of our meals at the corps hall, shower at UW Whitewater, stay at local members houses, and rehearse in a field just down the road. Of course, that was when Joe was there...it really seems like it went downhill fast after the 02 season. The whole incident with Sandy and her daughter didn't help either.

I still have yet to receive either the 01 or 02 member videos that I paid for...

In 01 I paid of some of my dues by painting the outside of the corps hall, and working bingo.

In 01 and 02 we would do all of our meals at the corps hall, shower at UW Whitewater, stay at local members houses, and rehearse in a field just down the road. Of course, that was when Joe was there...it really seems like it went downhill fast after the 02 season. The whole incident with Sandy and her daughter didn't help either.

I still have yet to receive either the 01 or 02 member videos that I paid for...

In '04 we lived in the part of the hall that was the old night club, ate in the bingo hall, and then had practice either in the parking lot at the ShopKo across the street or the old black paved parking lot (forgetting what building that was). Good times....

I've never been so appreciative of having a shower right down the hall from me as opposed to having to walk half a mile to UW Whitewater to take a shower

It was an church... or an abandoned church. And it was good times.... for the most part at least.

Nothing like stopping traffic over on that main road to get everything across to ShopKo :sumo:

Wait do you remember rehearsing at the Clovis grove park i think it was called, do you remember the lady who screamed I HATE you people slammed the door and then she called the mayor/police on us. I think that was the same night that narada saw his first real live boob. From hilary, when she rolled down that hill.

Edited by dcf06