Americanos

dcf06

Are the Americanos are done for?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the past four years what do you think will happen>

• Im optimistic they have a strong history. It would be a shame if they gave up.
    • We will see what happens... (idk)
    • Not a chance, they seem to be digging themselves in a hole.
    • They are like y to return later. but I dont see them coming back anytime soon.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul J. was my homie....I had a GREAT time teaching with him!

MM

• 7 months later...

selling there facility is probably the best thing they can do right now. It is costing them way too much. I think the estimate is at least 150,000 to repair the roof, and it is costing them a fortune to heat the place. lucky for them they are in a hot spot for contractors. They want that land, Unfortunately that is all they want and the lasnd isnt worth that much. I wish them luck, hopefully the can get it sold for a reasonable price.

You can also see in the picture where the sewerline collapsed.

Edited by dcf06

54986FFD-D9BA-443C-8DCB-44228DF3ED3C.jpg

I can't even count the number of laps I did around that place. Going to miss it..

Edited by Carl306

Me too... I repainted the "Americanos" sign last year. I rememberSandy driving in to the parking lot, she hit her brakes and backed up to se what I was doing. I am hoping for a big reunion some time. Butch wants to do a show in Menasha again but he needs help. The only reason why the show have been so crappy is because there was no one to help work it.

• 5 weeks later...

I had the oppurtunity to talk with butch yesterday. He did tell me that there are no plans at this moment to bring back the drum corps for a while. BUT. Starting in October, Americanos INC. will begin operations with the Americanos Indoor once again. In the summer time they plan to march a parade unit AND start a Marching Band! Americanos INC. has realized that with out Local kids they are nothing, and but running a marching band they will be able to educate more kids. Even though the drum corps no longer exists, The Americanos will still be on the field. I was told it is not because they are not looking to pursue being back in DCI, they just dont have the funds to operate a successful Drum Corps. Look out for the New website that will be launched soon. www.americanosinc.org

See, they are not really running a drum corps anymore. They just need to masquerade as putting a drum corps together so they can keep bingo going. For what purpose, I don't know.

It must be kind of like me buying a brat last weekend to support the Twilight Knights d&b corps:

http://www.twilightknights.org/aboutus.html