Rochester Crusaders 2007 Show Announcement

The Rochester Crusaders Drum and Bugle corps are proud to present their 60th anniversary show "Russian Rhapsody: an exhilarating expression of emotion and enthusiasm". This year's show selections include Russian Easter Overture by Nikolai Rimsky Kosakov; Romance and Troika from Lieutenant Kiev Suite by Sergei Prokofiev; Hut of Babayaga and Great Gate of Kiev from Pictures at an exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky.

This edition of the Rochester Crusaders is sure to be a memorable one as we bring the mystique and power of Russian compostions to the drum corps field.

Come join us on our " quest " this year and experience the new Crusaders.

Information can be found at our website @ www.rochestercrusaders.org.

Anyone interested in joining the "Crusade" should contact Brian Wilt at brianwilt@rochestercrusaders.org

Edited by stacysquire

Make sure the corps reflects the pronunciation change to Kiev that just occurred not too long ago :P

Thanks Adam... I did in fact switch it to keep up with consistancy. But hey I can only put it up the way I get it told to me right. I can barely pronounce these names much less spell them.

This show is going to rock.

This show is going to rock.

I agree 100% with you Joe. and keep up the hard work you guys are putting in. It will pay off!

I agree 100% with you Joe. and keep up the hard work you guys are putting in. It will pay off!

I knew the other pieces but couldn't remember Troika and Romance from Lt. Kije. I found some clips and recognized Troika right away. Romance is the melody used by Sting in his song "I hope the Russians love their children too". That's a really haunting piece of music and will make an incredible ballad.

If lime wire is working, I am going to download some and listen. I have ELP's version of Pictures at an Exhibition, and i love it!

Romance is the melody used by Sting in his song "I hope the Russians love their children too". That's a really haunting piece of music and will make an incredible ballad.

Really. That should be interesting. I tried to get friends of mine to listen to that song when everybody was listening to If You Love Somebody Set Them Free........but being that I was in 8th grade in 1985 it wasn't a big hit with the 13 year olds :) Great song.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

hhahaha

and thanks :)