Cadets Open Drum Major Tryouts...

In response to the original:

Does anyone know or has anyone heard anything about who the drum majors are or if a lot of peeps showed for this audition? Just curious. I think it was a great idea to open it up to anyone.

As far as I know none of those who tried out know anything

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree whole-heartedly, being a drum corps drum major is insanely demanding and I can only imagine what it is like (I was a section leader for 2 years, and that little added pressure was almost suffocating at times).

I'm just trying to say that the staff are very good at what they do - esspecially at a corps like the Cadets, and I don't think it will be that big a deal.

Most likely combination? A rookie drum major that is a stellar conductor, and a respected vet to take the lead off the field.

there were 11 at the nj camp including myself as one of them. and i haven't heard any kind of result yet.

in the discussion last summer i was a vet dm for Capital Regiment and the other dm was a rookie member to drum corps all together and was a fantastic leader. it really all depends on who you were to choose and their personal levels of maturity and determination