Flag tosses

hey nancy, guess who's got his horn too high in the middle picture

Hmmm, I wonder now who could that be :laugh: ......yep, very difficult to reel yourself in however it looks like that is facing more to the box......

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking the #1 side closest to the 50? If so, no, not Traci, I'll PM you if you'd want to know. It is really amazing how people can look so much alike isn't it?

No need to know who it is. 1979 was a truly amazing year for 27th. The season started with scores in the fifties and low sixties, and you guys were getting beaten by EVERYBODY!! I remember practically living at George B.'s that summer and Patti B. and I would wait by the phone during first tour dying to hear scores. Crossmen were beating you by ten points and consistantly, and non-finalists were finishing ahead of you. (Crossmen, BTW, ended up 13th in prelims).

Second tour was a complete turn-around, as the corps really picked it up, especially in the visual captions, ending up tied for fourth in field M&M, and second in GE M&M. Fifth overall. I'd like to know (if anyone has time to scour "From the Pressox") if that is one of the biggest overall score improvements from the beginning of the season to the end!! :laugh:

No need to know who it is.

Meadow Muffins............I want to know who it is....Nancy PM me

Hugs !

Edited by john2780

No need to know who it is. 1979 was a truly amazing year for 27th. The season started with scores in the fifties and low sixties, and you guys were getting beaten by EVERYBODY!! I remember practically living at George B.'s that summer and Patti B. and I would wait by the phone during first tour dying to hear scores. Crossmen were beating you by ten points and consistantly, and non-finalists were finishing ahead of you. (Crossmen, BTW, ended up 13th in prelims).

Second tour was a complete turn-around, as the corps really picked it up, especially in the visual captions, ending up tied for fourth in field M&M, and second in GE M&M. Fifth overall. I'd like to know (if anyone has time to scour "From the Pressox") if that is one of the biggest overall score improvements from the beginning of the season to the end!! :laugh:

Yeah, unfortunately I remember that season very well! I do wished we had kept the show the way it was during 1st tour rather than changing 60% of our show including music and drill for the second half of the season. I can see tweaking here and there but not cut out a major portion of the show so late in the year. :blink:

Never mind the horn being too high, is that Tracy with the flag at a really bad angle??

oh my god, not tracy. must have been a bad toss. i do speak with her quite a bit (seeing as i only live 5 minutes from the bodie's). i'll have to address this faux pas with her. it's a natural grass field, so i don't think this picture is from finals. i'm sure by then she corrected the angle.

Jimmy,

for two or three weekends straight from dce through world open we averaged a five point jump from the previous weekend. we went from a 55 in altoona (1st show on tour) to a 65 or 68 the next show and continued the slow climb back to respectibility thorughout first tour. we hit dce and we end up winning the show, then came world open a week or two later and and we were on a roll which continued through finals (well one minor glitch-CYO. Congratulations North Star).

Edited by ferb27

Jimmy,

for two or three weekends straight from dce through world open we averaged a five point jump from the previous weekend. we went from a 55 in altoona (1st show on tour) to a 65 or 68 the next show and continued the slow climb back to respectibility thorughout first tour. we hit dce and we end up winning the show, then came world open a week or two later and and we were on a roll which continued through finals (well one minor glitch-CYO).

Tell me about DCE !!- I rode down on a rented bus with parents and alumni. Jimmy DeSab and I were drinking White Russians at 6 o'clock in the morning (courtesy of Lucy and Mae). I think there were chicken cutlet sandwiches as well. The performance at DCE finals was AMAZING, and Bodie and I ended up hosting a victory party the following week that almost ended up with us getting evicted from that little house we rented a few doors up from the Wedges!! :laugh:

Tell me about DCE !!- I rode down on a rented bus with parents and alumni. Jimmy DeSab and I were drinking White Russians at 6 o'clock in the morning (courtesy of Lucy and Mae). I think there were chicken cutlet sandwiches as well. The performance at DCE finals was AMAZING, and Bodie and I ended up hosting a victory party the following week that almost ended up with us getting evicted from that little house we rented a few doors up from the Wedges!! :laugh:

i'll remind him of that when i get a chance. i remember we practiced in stamford and didn't have a place to stay. so after prelims we went back to the park we practice in, got out our sleeping bags and napped. we didn't stay for any other scores other than our own and at that point (sandy help me here) i think it was either north star or crossmen in first place at the time. i remember when zingali got back from prelims and filled us in on what happened. he starts running down all the corps who went on after us (the majority of which we hadn't beaten yet). this one went on and their score is lower than ours, then that one goes on and their score is lower than ours. and so on and so forth. of course in typical zingali style he starts getting a little aminated and when he finished he yells out and you were still in 2nd place. i think that pretty much gave us the motivation we needed to do what we did at finals that night. pretty amazing day. one that i'll never forget.

oh and to get back on topic: we had a bunch of flag tosses in the show. :blink:

i'll remind him of that when i get a chance. i remember we practiced in stamford and didn't have a place to stay. so after prelims we went back to the park we practice in, got out our sleeping bags and napped. we didn't stay for any other scores other than our own and at that point (sandy help me here) i think it was either north star or crossmen in first place at the time. i remember when zingali got back from prelims and filled us in on what happened. he starts running down all the corps who went on after us (the majority of which we hadn't beaten yet). this one went on and their score is lower than ours, then that one goes on and their score is lower than ours. and so on and so forth. of course in typical zingali style he starts getting a little aminated and when he finished he yells out and you were still in 2nd place. i think that pretty much gave us the motivation we needed to do what we did at finals that night. pretty amazing day. one that i'll never forget.

oh and to get back on topic: we had a bunch of flag tosses in the show. :laugh:

Which show are you talking about?