Current Directors, Former Corps Members

i'm pretty sure it would be impossible for kevin smith to have marched trumpet for carolina crown considering they are only like 17 or 18 years old and he is in his 50's...

Yes, I failed to make clear the information I wanted. I just wanted to know the name of each current director, where he/she is currently a director, and what area of performance they participated in, not where they marched. My mistake for not making that clear.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison's executive director Jeff Spanos marched Scout's, Blast and the Madison Alumni project...

'95 center snare:

Snares1995.jpg

blast1.jpg

front row, center snare:

101571309-M.jpg

ooo... kinda huge picture there... sorry.

ah well... :wub:

And if you want to add informer corps directors, Mike Moxley (Blue Devils 84-90) was a charter member of the Santa Clara Vanguard -- soprano, I believe -- ...Gail Royer was his Jr hr band director.

someone with more years than me could possihbly answer about Jerry Seawright, Gail Royer, George Bonfiglio, etc...the ooooold timers.

This is wild, I actually asked George B. (Bonfiglio), this question on my last visit up a few weeks ago. He never marched with a drum corps he fell in love with the activity. But he is a musician.

And for the others about George Hopkins, he marched snare with Crossmen during 77 and (I'm not sure how many more years after that) but you can see him in the DVD on the close up.. :P

Jeff Fiedler was the drum major for the Cavaliers.

Southwind's Mike Loeffelholz...Madison Scouts

i'm pretty sure it would be impossible for kevin smith to have marched trumpet for carolina crown considering they are only like 17 or 18 years old and he is in his 50's...

Please read carefully before you post insults or assanine comments. The originator of this thread didn't say he marched for crown. If you look, the directors of the respective corps are listed, not where they actually marched.

Please read carefully before you post insults or assanine comments. The originator of this thread didn't say he marched for crown. If you look, the directors of the respective corps are listed, not where they actually marched.

and before you post insulting or assanine comments you should just close your browser. Don't assume that what the original post says right now is what it said when he made that comment, which by the way was neither insulting or assanine but the simple truth. The original original post said nothing about how he was listing them, so it looked like he was just wrong about Kevin Smith marching Crown and George Hopkins marching Cadets. He later went back and clarified the original post.

Hi Tone Quality Matters. Thank you for kind of sticking up for me. I did think amelloguy could have made his point with a bit less sarcasm. Plus, in my original post I did not request anywhere that I wanted to know WHERE they marched. But, several posters misunderstood what I wanted, so I don't blame amelloguy for the essence of his post except his, at least to me, unwarranted sense of sarcasm. I don't know where dbc06 came into all of this. Americanos, right? Having stated all of this, let's all just try to get along. Oh, and Merry Christmas to all.

Edit: Oh, I just read dbc06's add-on the amelloguy's previous statement. Well, I guess as long as they appreciate the same such tones directed at them by others, all's well.

Edited by HISop

Hi Tone Quality Matters. Thank you for kind of sticking up for me. I did think dbc03 could have made his point with a bit less sarcasm. Plus, in my original post I did not request anywhere that I wanted to know WHERE they marched. But, several posters misunderstood what I wanted, so I don't blame dbc03 for the essence of his post except his, at least to me, unwarranted sense of sarcasm. Having stated all of this, let's all just try to get along. Oh, and Merry Christmas to all.

My sarcasm was in response to his unwarranted venom. My point is if you're going to make accusations about people being assanine and insulting you should get your facts straight first or you are being just as assanine and insulting.