Old Senior Corps Photos

SeniorCorps0003.jpg

...from 1965 Toronto Shriner's International program

Funny, this photo was taken at Hamilton Ontario Civic Stadium...I thought I had been to all the shows there since my first in 1959 but I don't recall seeing Sun ever in Hamilton...Lots of great shows there brought to us by Hamilton Viscounts and Canadian Commanders...

Edited by Commander71

SeniorCorps0006.jpg

Les Diplomates of Quebec City...from the 1965 Shriner's Program. I think 1965 was the last year that this was a senior show and starting in 1966 it became a junior show with, usually, a senior corps in exhibition. I was able to participate with the Burlington Commanders in exhibition in 1971.

SeniorCorps0010.jpg

"The Corps With A Heart"...the Guelph Royalaires...I used to kid ex-members by saying "I know! Let's form a heart!" They got tired of it pretty quick...I got tired of getting thumped by ex-members!

Another senior corps that began as an Army Reserve trumpet band...the 11th Field Artillery.

SeniorCorps0011.jpg

Canada's Marching Ambassadors...folded up after their 1970 season. Note the flags of many nations? On the contest field the guard member would dress in a national costume representing the flag they carried...there was John Bull, Uncle Sam, a Russian Cossack, a French Foreign Legionaire etc. Their colour presentation (remember those?) culminated with Uncle Sam and John Bull meeting front and centre and shaking hands!