Old Senior Corps Photos

drumcorps0031.jpg

The Hamilton Ontario Viscounts...another corps that sprang out of the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Reserve) Regiment.

In late 1963 this corps merged with the Jesters of Toronto to become one of the largest corps to hit the field in 1964...the Canadian Commanders with over 100 members.

MightyStJoes-1.jpg

St. Joe's Alumni "Bully" the Cavaliers...one of my favourite photos and drum corps moments. Taken at Michigan City I think in 2004 (?) where MSJ was doing the exhibition at the Cavies home show. We played "Bully" for the Cavaliers before they did their victory concert. The kids know their drum corps history and you could see their faces light up and grin from ear to ear when they recognized the Cavalier Classic tune. I had goosebumps and this moment made it worth the bus ride!

WOW! a lot of great old pics. :smile: what did ya do cllean out the attic? just kidding

wow... that is an early pic of Gauchos... I'm out of sight in back playing French Horn.... Center Cymbal is John Mike Famularo... closest lead sop is my brother Ed... the other end of the first line is none other than the corps founder and director Gene Tracy...

front base drum? Is that Dennis Morrell playing base instead of flag? I think so...

wow... a lifetime ago...

Bruce, do you know where that was taken? '62 or '63?

wow... that is an early pic of Gauchos... I'm out of sight in back playing French Horn.... Center Cymbal is John Mike Famularo... closest lead sop is my brother Ed... the other end of the first line is none other than the corps founder and director Gene Tracy...

front base drum? Is that Dennis Morrell playing base instead of flag? I think so...

wow... a lifetime ago...

Bruce, do you know where that was taken? '62 or '63?

All I can tell you Tom is that the photo came out of the March, 1967 issue of Drum Corps Digest. It looks to be part of a column written by John Phillipson of Rochester. However, the Gauchos are not mentioned anywhere in his column. There is no photographer credit. Sorry 'bout that...

WOW! a lot of great old pics. :smile: what did ya do cllean out the attic? just kidding

I have a friend in Hamilton who has been kicking aroung an idea for a book regarding the history of Canadian Armed Forces bugle and trumpet bands....a few years ago he gave me a box full of old programs he had collected and I am pulling the photos out of those and some Drum Corps Digest magazines from the mid-sixties another guy had given me a long time ago. Cleaning out the attic is probably close to the truth!