Old Senior Corps Photos

1970 program scan

1970-hamburgkingsmen1.jpg

1970-hamburgkingsmen2.jpg

The program cover and more is over here starting at #12123

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...rg&st=12120

i remember that corps. that was the only year they ever beat us. that was due to the great colin campbell. i was a heart beat away from going with him to hamburg but i was a crusader at heart. even though they had some sucess against us that year we beat them at n.y. state legion and dca that year. they were a very entertaing corps that year. we had quite a rivalry that year. great memories.

1970 program scan

1970-hamburgkingsmen1.jpg

1970-hamburgkingsmen2.jpg

The program cover and more is over here starting at #12123

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...rg&st=12120

Thank you. I saw this one but it seemed to be the only one of the HAMBURG, NY Kingsmen. I think my Dad was with the Erie Thunderbirds in 1970 unless he was still serving his last year in Vietnam but I can't remember. (For some reason I think we were still living in California so I am guessing he was still in the service in 1970)

A small recapitulation of the L'Odyssée from Montréal, Québec, when the saucer ate all it's 120 members including drum line, only the small pit and a couple of yellow aliens turning around. We have 60 second to change. At the beginning of the show, we have blue uniform, when exiting the saucer we where in satin red.

Inside the saucer, we pull off the sleeve to reveal red satin sleeve, we pull up and attach to the neck with velcro, from the white belt, the satin red shirt front to cover the blue and yellow plastron, we took out the alumminium visor covering half our face on our white helmet and put a red feather on top, the drum line remove the pink cover on there drums and the snare line add 2 bongo's drums at each side.

The fisrt attempt of that uniform change was at the contest in Meadowland Stadium with 5 junior and 5 senior corps compétition in 1983.

The crowd reaction was and still the most memorable souvenir that we will alway's remenber.

At OTL, the music was a potpourri of Science-Fiction music movie: Odysse 2001, Battleship Galactica, Stars Wars, Stars Trek, E.T., The Planets and Close inconter of the third kind. follow by the drum solo (and uniform change) title <Metamorphosis> at the exit of the saucer we played <Les Uns et Les Autres> to concert < Latin Jazz> and the final pièces was < What I did for Love (Ice Castle)> to E.T. Ending, with a member dress-up with a costume of E.T. with is finger lit up. Kids love it.

Of course that show was made only to entertain the fan of drum corps, judge hate hit. At that time (1980's) it was a real chalenge to put out a show like that. When dismentle, the saucer have to fit the luggage compartment of the 4 bus, we have no equipment truck.

When i'll find out how to do it, i'll post more picture and perhaps a vidéo.

Write to you guy's later.

I remember that show at the Meadowlands....blew us all away! I also remember you guys used to sell good Canadian beer at the shows! Good stuff!!

the funny thing is how high those snares are being worn with slings, not harnesses, ow?

What's odd is they normally wore a three strap harness with the snares during 78 & 79???... there was a welding shield with foam on it that was velcro'd to the drum, two straps that came over the shoulder, and a back strap. (very comfortable I might add...I remember trying one on)

Not sure why they went conventional for that parade? Fillipelli, you out there any where? You're in that picture!

• 1 month later...

I was with Scarborough Firefighters, later named Seneca Princemen, same people.

1970-burlington2-a.jpg

Midlanders and Firefighters were Junior B at the time. I'm guessing the other corps were Senior. I'm guessing we had fun learning from each other.

Edited by lindap