Old Senior Corps Photos

NY_Skyliners_Pepe.jpg

Now that is an awesome photo!!! Thanks!!! Pepe was my horn instructor the last 2 years I marched in the Saginaires from Saginaw,MI in 78 and 79. What an influence he had on all our lives.

Best thread ever. Keep em coming!

Lefty.jpg

LOL, my first year our corps had Left come down to give us a pep talk during a early season rehearsal. About half the corps was new to drum corps and didn't know who Lefty was. All us rookies knew was "some guy from a good corps was going to talk to us". Partway thru rehearsal we get kicked outside because it was time for "the talk". Go to Leftys car and see the license plate and it's like "#### he drove from NY just to see us??".

Then Lefty gets out and :lol:

Appleknockers around 1970

Appleknockersaround1970.jpg

Interesting pic. Where did you find it? This is, of course, the junior corps. A combination of uniform styles can be seen...cymbal player is wearing the old senior corps top which was worn by the full junior corps only two years (1967 and 1968). The contra players behind are wearing the style purchased in 1969 and worn 1969- 1972.

Thanks for the post, I will add it to my collection.

Interesting pic. Where did you find it? This is, of course, the junior corps. A combination of uniform styles can be seen...cymbal player is wearing the old senior corps top which was worn by the full junior corps only two years (1967 and 1968). The contra players behind are wearing the style purchased in 1969 and worn 1969- 1972.

Thanks for the post, I will add it to my collection.

Your welcome. The pic came from the Feb. 1971 issue of drum corps digest.