Old Senior Corps Photos

From the June 18 1969 DCN. From Duane C.

EveningwiththecorpsalbumphotofromtheJune181969DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

• Like 1

From the June 18 1969 DCN. From Duane C.

FreshAirFanfarealbumphotofromtheJune181969DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

I'm sure most folks know that those last two posts were also Fleetwood record jacket cover photos. The montage with Frank Dorritie, Pepe Notaro, and a NY Knickerbocker soprano was the 1969 "Evening With the Corps" album cover. The Skyliner night photo was the cover of the "Fresh Air Fanfare" album of 1969 (they won that show). In fact, you can see the album number in the lower left corner.

I'm sure most folks know that those last two posts were also Fleetwood record jacket cover photos. The montage with Frank Dorritie, Pepe Notaro, and a NY Knickerbocker soprano was the 1969 "Evening With the Corps" album cover.

And right behind Frank Dorritie is another major player, John Arietano.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

The late Bob Bellarosa is the third french horn from the right. RIP Bobby.

Lots of great talent in the corps that year. 4 years later and I would be with them too.

I'd bet money Ray that the tall bass baritone under Winks right hand in post #856, Sky Carnegie Hall 1963, is Paul Auster who came back to Selden in 1964 to play contra.

Edited by gsksun4

I'd bet money Ray that the tall bass baritone under Winks right hand in post #856, Sky Carnegie Hall 1963, is Paul Auster who came back to Selden in 1964 to play contra.

Could be. It could also be Bill Hightower or Ed Gallagher, who were both as tall as Paul, and who also played mean baris.

BTW, that evening shot on the cover of the '69 Fresh Air Fanfare record is actually from '63. That's Bill Hightower front and center, with Ed Gallagher on the far right.

Ray

• Like 1

Sunrisers - DCA 94

sunrisers95.jpg

SUNRISER come back after one year not marching.Almost all are seasoned veterans,playing traditional SUNRISER favorites.'THE MOUSE THAT ROARED !!!!! Great kids...and a lot of spirit. BB

• Like 1

Moi aussi :smile: With due respect to GrewvyG2, I took the liberty of flipping the photo. I had a little practice; of the 675 photos of Alberta All Girls from 1970-1974 on a CD, I’ve flipped 50 photos so far.

I remember K-W Flying Dutchmen Junior corps in the early 70’s. It’s nice to see photos of the Senior corps in the 60’s. Thanks.

FlyingDutchmenKitchenerWaterlooONfromthe1963flipped.jpg

Wow, that timing judge raced 100 yards, switched the pistol to his right hand, and doesn't look winded.......

Joe

• Like 1

BTW, that evening shot on the cover of the '69 Fresh Air Fanfare record is actually from '63. That's Bill Hightower front and center, with Ed Gallagher on the far right.

Ray

Thanks for that info, Ray. I've always wondered when that picture had been taken. Fact is, it's a classic, timeless shot. :thumbup:

Could be. It could also be Bill Hightower or Ed Gallagher, who were both as tall as Paul, and who also played mean baris.

Ray

I'm thinking that shot is cropped from the original album. Back around 65 or 66, up in I think Torrington, (Vagabonds???)somewhere in the hills of Connecticut, there was a contest. The parking lot was at the top of this hill and the field was way down below. There was a Fleetwood table next to the steps that went down to the field. Auster was at that table showing me a record with the Sky concert formation with him in it. He goes, look, that's me. Think he was only 16 on that cover.

Looked a lot like that dark cover above.