• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush with high brass we knew we had shot and proceeded into heart attack mode.

what a coincidence, so did we ! (SCA lead sopline = "uh, oh.....")

It is a shame corps do not play themselves off the field anymore. It really is part of the show and what the paying customer wants to see.

This should be brought up as a worthy rule change this year.

Everyone should have their own "1986" in their drum corps career.

Just one, though. My heart couldn't take another one.

I believe the original post was about Dwayne Hollenbach, the soloist from Bush that played Ayres Eyes. What a great emotional moment in that show.

I would have to say that both Curt Hawkins from Steel City and Dwayne Hollenbach from Bush were both outstanding that night, although Curt was awarded the Best Soloist award by DCA.

Although I was very dissappointed that night as a 16 year old in my 2nd year of drum corps, I still look back at that season with many great memories.

off topic... but my son Timmy played Vizzuti's Aries Eyes in his jazz concert last night...and nailed it. He is quite good for his age.

Back to topic.

Donny

Sorry I was talking about the guy from Cabs that year... seems they called him the "Bushman". Go to Cabs Website and check out the video... that is what I was originally talking about.

"Bushman".....ahh...yes....one helluva horn player.

Mike Melvin is his name, playing soprano was his game. At that time, only 2 soprano soloists stuck out in my mind....Mike Melvin and Curt Hawkins.

Duane played the Aries Eyes solo on either mellophone or fluglehorn, so I dont count that. But he was just as amazing.

When I heard the final hit in Aries Eyes, I KNEW that Bush did the impossible. And to this day, that is one of my favorite all time drum corps moments!!!

"Bushman".....ahh...yes....one helluva horn player.

Mike Melvin is his name, playing soprano was his game. At that time, only 2 soprano soloists stuck out in my mind....Mike Melvin and Curt Hawkins.

Duane played the Aries Eyes solo on either mellophone or fluglehorn, so I dont count that. But he was just as amazing.

When I heard the final hit in Aries Eyes, I KNEW that Bush did the impossible. And to this day, that is one of my favorite all time drum corps moments!!!

--------------------

....psssttttt hey Frank..... I think Gene Boyle played that flugel solo...not Duane. b**bs :worthy: