Banning Rifles and Sabres

nezneau

Yes, you should always expect wiseness and truth from me.

LOL :angry:

"wiseness?"

Mike you kill me..

Dag Stef.. Stop Again we agreed.. You beat me to this one

Oh and now I see why there reaction was the way it was.. since they where from OUT of the country.

So after you explained to them why.. Were they still So at arms about it. Did the practicing Lawyer have a different view point. Or did he still See it as Drum Corps Responsiblilty to do something about it.

These newbies that are seeing Rifles and Sabres for the first time at Drum Corps shows. I have to meet. Cause again. If you are in this country Most Bands have them too. Is it that people aren't paying attention. Or is the Sixes or sevens that they do in Drum Corps makes people notice. (I know they do sixes and sevens in Some high schools too) Do they also Say wow can't believe that have such dangerous weapons. I have had newbies say dag where did they all learn how to do that.

Can see it now on 30 seconds.. DRUM CORPS What is it Teaching your kids. I am here at J Birney Crum Stadium where you won't believe whats happening.. Kids are spinning rifles and sabres over there heads some times even over other members heads and between there legs.

What are these leaders of these youth activities teaching these kids? Lets ask. Shall we?

30seconds: Hey You Corps person.. What should happen if one of these weapons were to go off.. Huh?

Corps person: Umm they are fake they can't go off..

30seconds Well what about those sabre things what if that was to hit someone

Corps Person: well that fake too and yes the person would get a black and blue and a lump

30 seconds: Ahhh haaaaa so what do you say to those parents out there that see you using these unsafe weapons in this manner..

Corps Person: Well Of course we would not encourage any Kid to just pick up a REAL Rifle Or Sabre and toss it around or even play with it. I would also think and hope that parents would explain to kids what those differences are. So please kids. Listen to mommy and daddy and don't play with Real Guns or Sabres..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's pull all waterguns and cap guns off the shelves.. they are much more realistic than drum corps rifles...

Oh yeah, and those 'shoot the duck' type games at Busch Gardens, Disney and Paramount Parks (etc). I am suprised no one has sued them for encouraging use of weapons for fun... after all they have a much more targeted market in the 3-10 year olds than drum corps do?

Right? :angry:

Hey all,

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a couple weeks. What's all this talk about "phasing out" rifles and sabres about? Could someone please fill me in?

Thanks,

-Ross

First of all, where is it printed fact that Rosie O'donnell, oh greay ambasador of NOTHING even was against the weapons use in "Blast" anyway ??????

I haven't read anything to back up this rhetoric here, or on the "other" newsgroup, or anywhere for that matter.......

"Blast" was mentioned on her show, which is NOT her show anymore, its the Caroline Rhea show.....I know it was mentioned because I saw it, and she was getting them booked for the show.

If Rosie O'donnell says jump off a bridge ?? how many head-shaved lesbain mothers will listen ????

My point ? She is just another person, almost a stoic has-been in reality........why she is used as ammuntioin in this debate is beyone me.

~G~

Hey all,

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a couple weeks. What's all this talk about "phasing out" rifles and sabres about? Could someone please fill me in?

Thanks,

-Ross

B) Just persons talking, that's all. Rifles and Sabres are here to stay. After all their nothing but solid wood, plastic and steel!