Crown CG staff--Wow!

Didn't Shapiro leave to go start CORONA Independent World Guard?

Shapiro is caption head at Boston now, but as previously stated he hasn't been caption head at Crown since '02.

Mr. Shapiro also is the caption head for one of the largest marching bands out here in southern California--and that's Diamond Bar HS. Just FYI...

Mr. Shapiro also is the caption head for one of the largest marching bands out here in southern California--and that's Diamond Bar HS. Just FYI...

Oh very cool...I didn't know he designed for Diamond Bar. Is Stuart Pompel still the Director?

jenifer leseth's work in the artform is well known and appreciated.her past contributions to the madison scouts and the phantom regiment are impressive as well as her work with marian catholic h.s. and most recently plymouth canton h.s..

i anticipate great things from this skilled teacher as well as the talented performers of carolina crown.

Edited by dugg

I have always admired some of the small unique things that their guard does. Where did the previous caption head go?

I dont think you have to worry about that, those unique things will still be there this summer....the quality of the design and writing of the show since 2003, has been the same person, Michael Townsend, he is really the only person on the guard staff who has been a mainstay since they started the "cream" years, he is the writer for the colorguard, and a part of the design team, and is a huge part of why crowns guard is uber competative, he also designs the shows for centergrove, avon, and northview to name a few notable highschool groups. so no matter who the day to day supervisor of the group is.... as long as he is involved, i dont think that much will change, every year crown continues to take steps up in the talent of the guard as well as much of the intricate and utterly most musical and expressive writing that drum corps colorguard has to offer.

I think that adding jenifo to the mix will be a good step for crown, as michael, rosie, and jenifo all have some history together, rosie and jenifo, i believe lived together for some time and have been great friends for many years, Michael wrote for phantom regiment with jenifo in 2002, and Rosie taught michael at the Cavaliers for five years thru 2000, and they have been working together ever since!

I would say having all three of them together would make anyone that does guard want to come and march this summer at crown, as it is sure to be a wonderful experience! In a completely awesome colorguard!

Agreeing with other statements of Crown's recent guard prowess.

When I saw them at Indy in '03, I was amazed - I did not see a single apparatus drop, first time ever as a DC fan since '01.

When I did fantasy corps here at DCP, I almost always used CC's guard caption numbers - by far the best bang for the buck in that caption.

So yeah, I've been a big fan of that guard's work since 2003. I abso-tively loved their part in "Bohemia!".

I worked with Jenifo at Plymouth-Canton this fall. She is as good as they come!!!