Food Network? Discovery Channel?

She won't be able to. BD would be disqualified at every show. Now if she doing that with a DCA corps....

Or if she (Rachel Ray) is a member of an Alumni type corps. ^0^

And not all Alumni type corps have previous corps experience as a membership requirement.

Hey if I read right RR is either from or lives around Upstate NY..... B)

PS - Haven't read all pages yet but don't forget History Channel. "This Week in Drum Corps" featuring Diceman, NanciD, Gadget, Jeff M, etc, etc.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this idea, is just an idea. I know more than likely will NOT happen, due it's all about the ratings. And lets face it, this activity we are a part of, just aint that popular to the general public. I'm not sure a big corporation, would do something like this unless they new the public was interested and would watch it. It is all about the money afterall. But it is a great Idea, just very unlikely

And the amazing part about what you say is that it was said 5 years ago about DCI ever being on ESPN2.

I've got the show!

BRAVO does this Top Chef show where the candidates to be top chef are eliminated one a week based on surviving the cooking challenge.

This week's challenge...

Cook dinner for a drum corps!

Each chef would be teamed with another (that's about a standard drum corps kitchen crew) and they would cook dinner for a corps.

The members of the corps would rank how well they liked the meal they were served.

Someone would be eliminated!

The WGI website recently ran a story about Jay McCarroll, Season One winner of Project Runway. Jay was a member of the Field of View winter guard. Maybe we should have a Project Runway challenge where the designers must create the color guard uniform for a corps to use in their upcoming season.

I've got the show!

BRAVO does this Top Chef show where the candidates to be top chef are eliminated one a week based on surviving the cooking challenge.

This week's challenge...

Cook dinner for a drum corps!

Each chef would be teamed with another (that's about a standard drum corps kitchen crew) and they would cook dinner for a corps.

The members of the corps would rank how well they liked the meal they were served.

Someone would be eliminated!

A Top Chef special would be great but it should be cook for a drum corps for a DAY. That is the real challenge. One meal is not that hard, it's 4 of them back to back, plus the traveling to the show sight in between. Loading, unloading the truck. Plus they can only use the food that is on the truck, no special shopping trips.

Some folks from our corps seriously entertained thoughts of writing to Trick my Truck to see if they would be interested in outfitting a new cook truck. Then we realized it was geared to the cab part of the truck, so we let that one go. It was fun to think about though.