Tank!

I'm looking for a recording of a corps playing Tank! from Cowboy Bebop. Let me be specific so that this doesn't get shut down and I don't get burned at the stake by the moderators... I am looking for a LEGAL recording. I will gladly purchase a CD or if there is something put out by the corps themselves, that would be more cost-effective. I'm just hoping I don't have to go and buy all the DCA media just for one bloody song. I seem to remember CorpsVets and RCR doing it. Was surprised, but not really shocked to hear that Govies did it. And I know the Blue Stars did it a few years ago. The one I'd actually like to hear most is Govies version. I'd like to hear how it came off with a smaller hornline. Once again, not looking for an illegal source, just looking. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks all!

I'm looking for a recording of a corps playing Tank! from Cowboy Bebop. Let me be specific so that this doesn't get shut down and I don't get burned at the stake by the moderators... I am looking for a LEGAL recording. I will gladly purchase a CD or if there is something put out by the corps themselves, that would be more cost-effective. I'm just hoping I don't have to go and buy all the DCA media just for one bloody song. I seem to remember CorpsVets and RCR doing it. Was surprised, but not really shocked to hear that Govies did it. And I know the Blue Stars did it a few years ago. The one I'd actually like to hear most is Govies version. I'd like to hear how it came off with a smaller hornline. Once again, not looking for an illegal source, just looking. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks all!

Let me look around... We played Tank a few years ago. I'll send a link as soon as I track down the audio file. Or... another CorpsVets person might have a copy. Anyone?

Okay- I found it!

Click HERE!

You can stream the file by clicking on the file icon or you download the file by clicking on the yellow lightbox above the icon. Click "View your Lightbox in the lower right and follow the zip/download instructions. Enjoy and please let me know if you have any problems with the download.

I *think* the recording was made in Reading, PA, but I'm not certain of that. The ID3 tag information may not be correct...

Thanks! That was quite helpful! I kinda like the Tank! sandwhich with Blues in the Night bread. Interesting to here how those selections fit together.

Thanks all!

DCA Finals 2002 --> CorpsVets

(edit: and I am like way late)

Edited by CVQuesty

Once, I've got a full score of tank in G from the Mandarins, but my PC got a virus and deleted the file. Darn..

Okay- I found it!

Click HERE!

You can stream the file by clicking on the file icon or you download the file by clicking on the yellow lightbox above the icon. Click "View your Lightbox in the lower right and follow the zip/download instructions. Enjoy and please let me know if you have any problems with the download.

I *think* the recording was made in Reading, PA, but I'm not certain of that. The ID3 tag information may not be correct...

That brought back some great memories. Thanks for posting. Man, the 2002 edition of CV was LOUD! Some great players in that hornline.

I hope you guys will put up some more clips from past shows.

VK is playing it in 2007.

VK is playing it in 2007.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised with that. Clint has been trying to get that one on the field for a while.

Govies wanted to play it again this year (2007) but "REQUEST DENYED" the person/company that owns the copy rights will not release the rights to play it.

When we first played that tune (02-03-ish) one of the snare players brought in "the box set" which included a few different versions of "Tank" which included the Dance version with some young girl singing the words. Yes, Tank with words. It's kinda funny. I would put it up there with "WTF....this song has words too?" I'm refurring to Mel Tormay singing Malagena.

John