Pick one, only one

The family. We're all a family.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the corps plays its finals note to a standing, clapping, screaming audience (see Cadets 2000, Madison 1995, Phantom Regiment 2003, and Santa Clara Vanguard 2004).

The family. We're all a family.

This trumps anything anyone else can say. When it all boils down, it's not about the show or any of that crap, it's about the people around you. That's definitely one thing that actually inspired me before I marched and watching the DCI broadcasts. No one else seems to like the human interest stuff and all corps members talking about how the sheer experience of it changes your life. I certainly didn't want to march because AH MAN I WANNA PLAY DEM HIGH NOTES LIKE DEM FELLERZ IN DA BLUE DEVS AND GIT A RING. No no no, there is so much more to drum corps than all that. Thank you Allee (ftw).

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

Now, I've never marched, but I think the audience is an important element. It's not like they just happen to be watching a drum corps perform their show...they should be as much part of the show as the members themselves.

Edited by Hrothgar15

The pure energy of it. Just those finals performances where you can feel the emotions of the performers... just incredible.

That pretty much says it all.

YES!!! The one and only reason I got into drum corps and still follow it: Phantom Regiment