Pull Brass Performance Judge off the Field

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know they aren't catching all that stuff with drill the way it is now. Proper sampling is not being demonstrated consistently enough to base score comparisons from night to night and between judges. If they were in the box, they could hear the brass sound as a whole more effectively. You can't tell me that they would miss too much. I think they would hear more. More of the important things anyhow.

Worked before..... more exciting shows to boot.... correct me if I am wrong..... 89? early 90s? Give me some info

when they start programming shows like the late 80s/early 90s again, perhaps it will be appropriate. until then, we'll just have to muddle through.

Besides.. the best place to truly appreciate that Cadets signature mello glissando is from field level.. lord knows it goes to mush by the time it gets to the 12th row.

Hey. you asked.

:)

Stef

But, some people who like to win design their shows specifically for the judges........which one comes first, the chicken or the egg??

Umm.. so .. can you point me to the drum corps who just do this for the pure joy of hard work and really don't like to win? The ones I know and have worked with over the last 20-something years ALL like to win. Who doesn't like to win? Losing sucks!

to be perfectly honest.. I'm not a show designer so I don't particuarly care how they come up with it or who it's "aimed at." I either enjoy it or I don't and I rarely lose sleep trying to figure out where I come into the equation. More often than not, I find myself entertained regardless of who the show is "designed for." Lucky me!

See.. drum corps is a hobby. When I stop liking what drum corps do, I'll stop going to their shows and spend my green somewhere else..

Stef

No. The only viable option would be having another brass judge in the box like the drum judges now, but I don't think DCI wants to fork over the cash to pay another judge.

Edited by TSRTS13

No. The only viable option would be having another brass judge in the box like the drum judges now, but I don't think DCI wants to fork over the cash to pay another judge.

or make the current ensemble music judge and ensemble brass judge

Umm.. so .. can you point me to the drum corps who just do this for the pure joy of hard work and really don't like to win? The ones I know and have worked with over the last 20-something years ALL like to win. Who doesn't like to win? Losing sucks!

to be perfectly honest.. I'm not a show designer so I don't particuarly care how they come up with it or who it's "aimed at." I either enjoy it or I don't and I rarely lose sleep trying to figure out where I come into the equation. More often than not, I find myself entertained regardless of who the show is "designed for." Lucky me!

See.. drum corps is a hobby. When I stop liking what drum corps do, I'll stop going to their shows and spend my green somewhere else..

Stef

Just telling you how it is. Some corps (only a few) only exist to win. I don't have to tell you who those corps are. This is now the reason I posted this topic. Let's stay on track.