Corps fees rundown

I heard the Cavaliers New members fee is like 1650.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While comparing tour fees, a potential new member should also consider what the possible life experience will be, the result at seasons' end. To spend your hard earned money, not to forget the many hours of hard work, the many personal and family sacrifices, etc. Will it be worth the effort and the money to join Corps A vs. Corps B? IMO, low corps fees should not be the main criteria in joining one corps over another.

The Troopers : $1200

Yikes, nowhere close.

Closer to $2000-$2200 (depending on when you pay your fees) excluding things like laundry money, free day money, transportation to camps, etc.

I am going to guess that high number included as 'misc' the things you mentioned.

Mike

That was an estimate told me for dues, food and misc for Cadets

What are you considering in the $3600? When you say food, is that food during tour that they might buy on off days or misc stops. Also what do you consider misc? Air fare to camps or home from championships? If I was to combine all dues, supplies purchased for tour, care packages and air fares I still don't think it came to that total last year.

You have to be really careful with the amounts that you hear. Alot of corps tell you it is $1,200 or $1,300, BUT that is just the tour fee. If you include registration fees, camp fees, mandatory uniform fees, shoes you must buy, price to keep a specific part of the uniform at the end of the year (i.e. buckle, feather, etc.,), spring training fees, etc., these corps come out in the general neighborhood of other corps who have one, all-inclusive fee. I estimate most corps in the $2,000 range, plus or minus a few hundred when you total out everything. Then you also need to consider the "other" money, such as laundry, free day food, souvies, late-night snacks, etc., etc. Also, how much does it cost to travel to that corps' camps?

It's hard to say for sure how much a corps "costs". Most corps have several fees... tour fees (which are the ones that for many corps sit in the $1,000 to 2,000), plus camp fees (usually pay camp by camp), application fee (usually waived for returning members), uniform fees, spring training fees.

If you want to throw gas, flights, or other travel exepenses in there, that's sensible as well.

Then there are corps like BD where you pay very little to the corps but provide your own housing and food (before tour, obviously).

In other words, it's hard to say.

P.S. There are a lot more expenses you can factor in. Mouthpieces, sticks, marching shoes, spending money on tour.

Edited by Penguin

Troopers Tuition Page

This is from the Troopers wesite with a breakdown of tuition, and camp fees...

It's hard to say for sure how much a corps "costs". Most corps have several fees... tour fees (which are the ones that for many corps sit in the $1,000 to 2,000), plus camp fees (usually pay camp by camp), application fee (usually waived for returning members), uniform fees, spring training fees.

If you want to throw gas, flights, or other travel exepenses in there, that's sensible as well.

Then there are corps like BD where you pay very little to the corps but provide your own housing and food (before tour, obviously).

In other words, it's hard to say.

P.S. There are a lot more expenses you can factor in. Mouthpieces, sticks, marching shoes, spending money on tour.

Pioneer has their full costs listed on the website www.pioneer-corps.org