• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MrStellar, meet world.

world, meet MrStellar.

you two should get along fine.

~>conner

they are doing great, they are going on tour...

they've made a strong recruiting push and are looking to re-invent themselves as contenders...

this year they will also have their drill designed by the bluecoats' drill designer , and music arranged by the bluecoats' brass arranger...

I think he was asking how turn outs at camps have been and age of members etc rather than a PR write up.

Hi.

This is Scott A. from The Troopers. We are doing very well. When I was contacted a few months ago to take on the job of heading the brass team, I thought it would be next to impossible to fill out a hornline after taking a year off. To my pleasant surpise, there has been a great amount of interest in the corps as well as an unbelievable amout of support from people throughout the acitivity.

We do kind of have a loose partnership with some universities. The University of Tennessee is where I got my masters degree and there are some folks on the brass team that I knew from there that are on board. In addition to that I often discuss instructional strageties with of many of my professors at The University of Washington like Tim Salzman and Allen Vizzutti. Allen does not follow the activity at all, but he is interested in the pedagogical side of things and we often discuss those in lesssons (when I am not hacking away on trumpet).

We also have formed a pretty cool partnership with Boise State University as well as The University of Wyonming. Both Universities have offered us the use of their facilities (which are really impressive) and they are encouraging their students to march with us (which many of them are). One of them s even working on giving kids college credit in years tocome for marching corps. This deal is not done yet, but if it were it would not only give college credit to students but some of them would be elligible for tuition assistance (pretty cool huh?).

Obviously it is WAY to early to predict these kinds of things, but I am hoping and expecting for us to have a great season, and I am really excited about it.

I hope that helps answer your questions.

Hi.

This is Scott A. from The Troopers. We are doing very well. When I was contacted a few months ago to take on the job of heading the brass team, I thought it would be next to impossible to fill out a hornline after taking a year off. To my pleasant surpise, there has been a great amount of interest in the corps as well as an unbelievable amout of support from people throughout the acitivity.

We do kind of have a loose partnership with some universities. The University of Tennessee is where I got my masters degree and there are some folks on the brass team that I knew from there that are on board. In addition to that I often discuss instructional strageties with of many of my professors at The University of Washington like Tim Salzman and Allen Vizzutti. Allen does not follow the activity at all, but he is interested in the pedagogical side of things and we often discuss those in lesssons (when I am not hacking away on trumpet).

We also have formed a pretty cool partnership with Boise State University as well as The University of Wyonming. Both Universities have offered us the use of their facilities (which are really impressive) and they are encouraging their students to march with us (which many of them are). One of them s even working on giving kids college credit in years tocome for marching corps. This deal is not done yet, but if it were it would not only give college credit to students but some of them would be elligible for tuition assistance (pretty cool huh?).

Obviously it is WAY to early to predict these kinds of things, but I am hoping and expecting for us to have a great season, and I am really excited about it.

I hope that helps answer your questions.

And, if it doesn't:

http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org/

Mr. Stellar:

The Troopers are doing an awful lot to have a greata 2007 season. Camps thus far have been good and we expect even better results at December and January camps. Our staff is doing wonderful things for the program on all fronts - recruiting is going well, show design is going well. There are a LOT of things happening in Casper (that I can't say out loud yet) that will propel the corps forward - all that's missing is YOU! (sorry, that sounded like a commercial, didn't it?)

Find out for yourself....

First, go here >>> http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org

Next, go here >>>> http://members.troopersdrumcorps.org/

Finally, go here >>> http://members.troopersdrumcorps.org/rsvp.htm.

Come on out to Knoxville - see for yourself.