From dci.org: Holiday Download of "Amazing Grace"

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's me at the beginning. :)

I still remember that day in Denver when we recorded it like it was yesterday! It's one of my favorite memories from 1993.

Matt

I still remember that day in Denver when we recorded it like it was yesterday! It's one of my favorite memories from 1993.

Matt

Yeah, ditto. That was just a fantastic year overall, wasn't it? I'm glad we got to be a part of it...

...I still remember that you were one of the first people I met in Rockford...and we all stayed at Earl's house....

Hah hah....remember when we tried to go to Blockbuster to rent a movie, but none of us had local drivers' licenses and they wouldn't rent to us? If I remember correctly, it was you, Aaron (Fish), Murray, Brian (Princess), and myself staying at Earl's that year, before we were split up into more permanent housing sites.

Good times, good times.

How wonderful! I grabbed it before DCI pulls it from the website. My band did a copied (and watered down) arrangement of that version back in the day. What a terrific arrangment! Do you guys that played it remember which of PR's virtuoso arrangers penned this one?

Jim Wren, I think.

How wonderful! I grabbed it before DCI pulls it from the website. My band did a copied (and watered down) arrangement of that version back in the day. What a terrific arrangment! Do you guys that played it remember which of PR's virtuoso arrangers penned this one?

It was Jim Wren's arrangement, with a little "tweaking" done for the CD by Dan Farrell.

Wow---you still remember the Blockbuster incident. I had forgotten about that. As I recall, we just ended up watching drum corps tapes all night. I got my first introduction to Suncoast Sound watching Earl's tapes.

I remember meeting you there too. You were also one of the first people I met as well, along with Jessi. Who knew that we would ending being the motley crew pictured below:

baritones-1991-finals.jpg

I can even still remember marching my age out show in 1993 very vividly. I even remember my *gasp* mistakes in the show. It was such an emotional night, being my last show, and having the crowd be so into it. Wow. I still tear up every time I hear it or watch it.

Good times indeed.

Matt

Yeah, ditto. That was just a fantastic year overall, wasn't it? I'm glad we got to be a part of it...

...I still remember that you were one of the first people I met in Rockford...and we all stayed at Earl's house....

Hah hah....remember when we tried to go to Blockbuster to rent a movie, but none of us had local drivers' licenses and they wouldn't rent to us? If I remember correctly, it was you, Aaron (Fish), Murray, Brian (Princess), and myself staying at Earl's that year, before we were split up into more permanent housing sites.

Good times, good times.