Better to show than tell...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD 06

Cavies 00 and 04

SCV 04 usually does well too

Any (ok, "most") of the shows I've performed in.

Funny, I was just thinking that same thing this morning. I agree with 2000 Cadets.

I would also include 95 Madison, 2002 Cavaliers (or maybe 2006), 87 and 2000 SCV

and 2003 Phantom.

No offense, but when your signature is longer than every post in the thread it's pretty obnoxious.

Anyway, I agree with Cadets 2000

No offense, but when your signature is longer than every post in the thread it's pretty obnoxious.

Anyway, I agree with Cadets 2000

Holy crap hahaha. Wow

What. You don't like my art, or you just don't want to have to

scroll down a few more inches? :P

Depending on the person I'm showing it to:

Phantom 03

Cavaliers 02

SCV 89

But to truly know what drum corps is, you have to go to a show. No doubt about it.

Yeah, I've had to do this plenty of times. I'm the reason the students in my high school band really even appreciate drum corps. I do also agree it depends on whom the audience is. Anyways, these are some shows I usual start off corps 'rookies' on:

Cavaliers 2000-2006. Cavie shows have really good appeal to new people. Kinda makes sense. Also...

Phantom 2003

Cadets 2000

Santa Clara Vanguard 2004

That's a good start.

Edited by King_ReMO

I fixed the quote :P

But yeah, the art is fine, it just takes up a lot of room

I see what you mean. Maybe one pic at a time is better.

In terms of pure accessibility, '06 cavies can't be beaten. Also, '88 or '89 SCV(since everyone recognizes the music anyway). Generally, I think it's best to show very fun and easily understandable and enjoyable shows. Also know your audience. Do they love jazz? If so, then BD or madison may be the best choice. Are they a fan of classical? If so, then Phantom or Blue Knights may be a great choice. Also, would they love the visual portion? If so, then a cavaliers show may be a great choice.

Every corps has a distinct personality. I find that by figuring out which corps a person may like the most, you can pick one of that corps best and most accessible shows and have great results.

This is the first time I've seen this site and I am amazed that people are still talking about our show. Thanks a lot guys. That means a lot.

Anyway, enough of the tears...but I'd have to say that as much as I loved our show in 2000, I'd have to show people Cadets 1998, especially the ballad...Canterbury Chorale. That piece brings tears to my eyes everytime I watch the DVD.