does anyone find it odd....

that anymore it seems only the big guns submit rules proposals?

why is that corps outside the top 5 never seem to submit anything....are these corps totally devoid of ideas or that beholden to the big guns?

why is that corps outside the top 5 never seem to submit anything....are these corps totally devoid of ideas or that beholden to the big guns?

Thank goodness someone submits proposals, or there would never be anything for discussion at the January meetings and things would always be the same. For the record, though, we have rules proposals on judging this year from George Oliviero as well.

Also, anyone can submit a rules proposal. I remember Dennis DeLucia submitting one regarding point distribution on the judges' sheets. Every year, I get e-mails from people commenting on this or that and how it should be different, and I always suggest that they submit a rules proposal to that effect. No one ever does.

No corps is beholden to another corps, but your observation about who submits proposals merits thought. I'd love to see proposals up and down the ranks.

So you are saying that the average fan can submit a rule proposal?

So you are saying that the average fan can submit a rule proposal?
The average fan can submit a proposal, but a corps director MUST sponsor it.

I find it odd and just said this yesterday to my family over dinner.

Was thinking the same thing as I was reading the proposals and looking at who submitted them.

Not unlike our government. The rich and powerful control the agenda of both houses when it comes to legislation.

Oh thats right I forgot that contibuting money was considered "free speech" by our government.

That being said, one would think in drum corps that those in the lower placing corps would be proposing rules that would benefit them

like prize money being more evenly distributed etc etc

So, the next time there is a heavy debate regarding changes to the current system, will Jeff reply...

"submit a proposal"?

:P

(but I want the $1!!)