My Issue

My issue about these rule proposals is how unprofessionally they are wrote. I see some of them signed Hopkins, for address just YEA! the Cadets... When I get forms in my line of work they are filled out completly. Also they haven't been edited from old ones.

Under the electronics proposal it talks about being able to hear steel drums and congos some day. That has nothing to do with electronics. Thats amplification which we aleardy allow. I know this because I could hear the steel drums in the Bluecoats 06 show. If you care about something so much you should at least take the time to make your proposals professional..

Mark

My issue about these rule proposals is how unprofessionally they are wrote. I see some of them signed Hopkins, for address just YEA! the Cadets... When I get forms in my line of work they are filled out completly. Also they haven't been edited from old ones.

Under the electronics proposal it talks about being able to hear steel drums and congos some day. That has nothing to do with electronics. Thats amplification which we aleardy allow. I know this because I could hear the steel drums in the Bluecoats 06 show. If you care about something so much you should at least take the time to make your proposals professional..

Mark

he should use good grammer, too!

Stef

Mark

I wholeheartedly agree.

There are many proponents of electronics out there...surely Hop, et al must know someone who can present the case effectively, rather than re-posting an old proposal without rewording hardly any of it.

I think, upon reflection, that this is just to get the idea out there. There's probably not going to be quite enough votes to pass this this time around. I suppose since this is headed for being put up year after year until it pushes through, perhaps there wasn't much point of even trying to make a case.

Hopefully, if this comes up again, there will be someone else who can try to present this as more than the "Up With People" mantra of "this would be cool; it's only a few thousand dollars for you to do, all the kids love it!" that every proposal submitted from Allentown seems to ring with.

My issue about these rule proposals is how unprofessionally they are wrote.

One need look no further for evidence of this than THE SMILEY FACE THAT CAN BE FOUND IN THE ELECTRONICS PROPOSAL.

Also, the typo "Good is god": typo or Freudian slip?

You mean, "written"?

Kettle. Pot. Black.

:ramd:

...perhaps.

Then again, those of us casually posting our thoughts on a message board aren't the ones who have the future of activity to consider; but I suppose the "art is god, "drum corps" is whatever it becomes" mantra doesn't need to either consider the long term ramifications or worry about presenting it coherently. B)

I will be the first to admit that my grammer is terrible. I do however make sure I get it right when I am submitting offical paperwork...

Mark

FTR, it's grammar. Point taken, but don't forget that someone who doesn't feel they have much chance is going to not spend much time on these things. Just like here, really.