Amazing Landmarks Discovered On Tour

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember our little table of friends looking at this bowl of white mush with surprise and wonder and after a couple of seconds the woman that served it remarked in the most beautiful and patient southern accent, "they're grits and you'll eat them and you'll like them." We ate them...but didn't like them.

BLASPHEMY!!!!! :P

That website has perhaps THE most annoying cursor effects ever. :blink:

In 91, Sky Ryders had a half day off in S.F. A group of us decided, after lunch at the pier (31?), to try and find Lombard Street, aka "the crookedest street in the world." We only had a pocket map and the vaguest of notions where it was (none of us knew the city at all...) Several hours later, we were completely lost in China town and starving. We picked a restraunt at random-- no English to be found on the menus. We had no idea what we were eating, but it was pretty tasty. Eventually, we stumbled onto the location, but only had enough time to take a few pictures and start high tailing it back to the the buses. Naturally, we had no idea which way to go... Somehow, we barely made it by the 10:00 pick up time. It's the goof-ball stuff like that that make up my favorite drum corps memories.

SFLOMBAR.jpg

We went from Itaca, NY, to Merion, OH, to Dallas and I remember seeing...corn. Day after day of corn brushing against the windows of the bus and it was hot.

You haven't seen corn until you've been to the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota.

Then there's this one...found just about anywhere in Minnesota...348543601_ef1e99c7ac.jpg

Then there's this one on US-101 in NorCal..

CAKLApaul1.jpg

Garry in Vegas

PS The dinosaurs on I-10 in SoCal are in Cabazon.

For as many times as this has been used in TV and movies, you should get your busses to cruise on I-405 in Inglewood, near LAX, to see this...

CAINGdonutcu.jpg

Garry in Vegas

We got to stay here once, and the priest asked if we would do a concert...inside the cathedral. Hey, he claimed he was a FMM of the Kilties. Any Kilties remember a FMM who went into the priesthood?

visitors1_1.jpg

visitors1_2.jpg

St. John's Cathedral Spokane

Garry in Vegas

In 1978, we went on a small tour of Montana and the surrounding states and found this mountain side with four guys heads had been carved out of it by the wind according to the Indian we ran into.

I'm just kidding you, I know it was Mount Rushmore, VERY IMPRESSIVE !! :blink: