You know what sucks worse than amps? The 1995 recordings.

95= horrible. Arguably one of the best Scouts shows ever, and you can't hear jack at the end except for the crowd. Also BD ending is all drums - way too loud.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want amps and bad recordings then 2006 takes the cake. All I seem to hear is the pit. Is it just me?????

If you want amps and bad recordings then 2006 takes the cake. All I seem to hear is the pit. Is it just me?????

No. The 1-6 cd is especially terrible.

It's all about the venue, baby.

I don't quite agree that it is all about the venue as Madison has had a few more than one Championship show there with very good sounds. If you have mics in front of the pit and the pit has speakers pointed straight at them you won't get much more than the pit for sound. I was at the shows and thought they all sounded great, but now watching the championships is painful. Great idea there, micing out the instruments right in front of the audio microphones. Can't wait for the synthesizers and guitars. Great idea Hoppy. Guitar, synth and vocal corps. I think they call it BROADWAY. Either be drum corps or be blast.......

It's all about the venue, baby.

06 was in Madison. So were 99 and 02 (plus others) that had great quality.

So, no, not really.

I don't quite agree that it is all about the venue as Madison has had a few more than one Championship show there with very good sounds. If you have mics in front of the pit and the pit has speakers pointed straight at them you won't get much more than the pit for sound. I was at the shows and thought they all sounded great, but now watching the championships is painful. Great idea there, micing out the instruments right in front of the audio microphones. Can't wait for the synthesizers and guitars. Great idea Hoppy. Guitar, synth and vocal corps. I think they call it BROADWAY. Either be drum corps or be blast.......

Ugh. You were doing so good too. It's true, that almost everyone agrees that was there that the mix and such from the stands is good. So, and I do know this has been discussed previously, it's all about where things are being mic'd from. If the amps and such are intended to be heard from a point in the stands, guess it's more than time to record from a better place then right over top of them!!!

It isn't the recordings that make it sound bad. j/k

the 97 dca audio recordings were great