Dome shows: Atlanta vs. Indy

Has anyone been to BOTH of these shows? Does one dome sound better than the other? I have been to Indy before, however I am thinking of going to Atlanta this year... Looking for review of the venue, not the show itself...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i have been to both places. Last summer in Atlanta, it was pouring rain and the dome sprung a leak. I personally believe that Indianapolis has a little better sound and much better seating.

Indy doesn't have an indoor waterfall. Advantage- RCA Dome.

Well....I have been to both....I thought Atlanta was better. You can't beat those club level seats at the Georgia Dome. I still prefer outdoor drum corps!!! :)

I've been to Indy several times, San Antonio several times and Atlanta last year.

For sound, I'd rank it Georgia Dome, Alamo Dome and then RCA Dome a distance behind the other two.

I enjoyed the overall experience at all three venues. If I had to rank them, I'd have to go Georgia Dome, RCA Dome, then Alamo Dome.

Even though I prefer outdoor drum corps, there is something to be said for a rain free, bug free, climate controlled environment. (Can you imagine a major DCI event outdoors in San Antonio in the middle of a typical Texas heatwave?)

I don't konw much about San Antonio or Atlanta but I can tell you that the RCA Dome=The Echo Dome!!

Even though I prefer outdoor drum corps, there is something to be said for a rain free, bug free, climate controlled environment. (Can you imagine a major DCI event outdoors in San Antonio in the middle of a typical Texas heatwave?)

Last year I went to Indy and Battle Creek. The latter was unbearably hot, with no shade and huge lines for water. I know the RCA Dome echoes and that's con, but I totally agree with you, climate control is a huge plus!

Last year I went to Indy and Battle Creek. The latter was unbearably hot, with no shade and huge lines for water. I know the RCA Dome echoes and that's con, but I totally agree with you, climate control is a huge plus!

Battle Creek was an exception to the rule last year. I haven't been to a show that hot since finals in D.C. in 2000!!!! :lol:

I've been to the RrrCccAaa Dome numerous times working with bands for BOA and for DCWorld, including the recent BOA Championships. Last July, I performed with the CorpsVets in the Georgia Dome during the DCI contest.

Other than "raining" inside in one upper section, I'd rank the Georgia Dome as the best indoor acoustics I've found. Granted there are many domes I've never experienced. The RrrCccAaa Dome has the worst acoustics I've heard. Fortunately, the new dome DCI will use after this year is supposed to be much better. Let's hope so.

Pontiac Silverdome (former home of the Detroit Lions) = the worst sounding I've heard