Dome shows: Atlanta vs. Indy

Cant say i particularly liked performing in the RCA dome.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to all 3. I think San Antonio is the best of the 3. The flat roof and general construction of the place minimizes the reverbe for an indoor stadium. There are plenty of rest rooms and concessions, os there is little wait. People are friendly, and it's close to downtown.

The GA Dome I'd put 2nd. This dome has more reverb, the seating is a bit flat, making the vantage point not so hot unless you are high up, but then you are far away from the corps. There were not enough concession stands open to handle the lines last year - hideous waits. The stadium is not located in the best part of town, and is a bit out of the way compare to teh other 2.

The RCA Dome is the worst. It's more an echo chamber. The view is good, lines are good, and hte stadium is conveniently located downtown. The acoustics are just awful.

Its only humid down in the southern parts here. Houston, etc. We get that, yeah. Dallas and the northside are fairly dry by comparison (not all the time...but way more often then Houston).

Bingo. I live near the Galveston Bay in Houston and go to school near Austin and have done all days in San Antonio.

Lemme tell you the Houstin area is humid, much worse the other places......

thanks everyone for the comments - not going to indy this year, but i found that sitting high in indy is the way to go - low was just too close to the corps, and a bad echo, esp. if you are sitting under the upper deck - high was better, easier to hear, and better to see - but, this is the last year of that dome anyway!

i am going to atlanta dome show - based on my experience at the indy dome, i picked seats high (in fact it seems like we are kinda close to the top, but still in the middle, right on the 50 - i really hope i made the right decision!! :laugh: hope the price of tickets wont make me mad for going to another dome show, but this is an experiment - i could tie it in to visiting family, then to go to crowns home show the next night (i marched crown their first year out, 1990) - looking forward to seeing everyone, even in the dome

then, next year, i will just go to finals in indy in the new stadium, since its not so far from chicago

You might be surprised at how high up you find yourself. The Georgia Dome is very steep and VERY tall. You'll have a great auditory experience no matter where you sit, as the acoustics are PHENOMENAL; however, you might find that the corps look like dots the colors of their plumes and shakos. I've been to the Alamodome, RCA dome, and the GA dome, and I definitely rank GA as the best. San Antonio is a close second, with Indy a few laps behind. I'm hoping that LucasOil will change that, because I hated playing in/watching shows at the RCA dome. We'll see next year though, right?

You might be surprised at how high up you find yourself. The Georgia Dome is very steep and VERY tall. You'll have a great auditory experience no matter where you sit, as the acoustics are PHENOMENAL; however, you might find that the corps look like dots the colors of their plumes and shakos. I've been to the Alamodome, RCA dome, and the GA dome, and I definitely rank GA as the best. San Antonio is a close second, with Indy a few laps behind. I'm hoping that LucasOil will change that, because I hated playing in/watching shows at the RCA dome. We'll see next year though, right?

Wow, surely you're being sarcastic. If not, congratulations on probably being the first person to ever use the term "great auditory experience" when describing the Georgia Dome. Sure, the acoustics are better than some domes such as the RCA Dome, but they are far from "great" or "phenomenal," in my opinion.

well i trust it will sound at least a little better than indy

we are sitting in section 347, row 10 of 28, so i am thinking we will be ok

this handy site showed a pic of what the field looks like from that location - if you double click on that section, the big picture doesnt look so bad - keep ur fingers crossed

http://www.gadome.com/seating/football.html