1st contracts

Is Brad Caraway still involved with Spirit?

We were buds back in the Scouts in the 70's and I had heard he went on to be the director of Spirit.

Brad was on the "visual staff" (m&m instructor as we called them in the dark ages before the advent of "techs") when I marched in the late 70s, then he went on to become a part of the corps management team during much of the '80s. A really great guy. He's now a lawyer, and usually makes it to finals. I know he was out at Spirit's housing site at Memorial H.S. on Saturday afternoon this year for the corps' final run-through before Finals.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Weedy! I welcomed you aboard back in Nov.

Our Alumni Corps shared a facliity for a day with Spirit last summer in Madison.

Great kids and such a "full" sounding horn line, that wonder drum corps goose bump sound.

Is Brad Caraway still involved with Spirit?

We were buds back in the Scouts in the 70's and I had heard he went on to be the director of Spirit.

And Geno, if you're reading this, I see I got cut out your avatar again.

Ken Bodiford is the director at Spirit now

Weedy, I can only respond as a Mom, but as a parent or volunteer, that kind of enthusiasm is the sort of thing that makes you smile right before going to sleep at night, and makes getting out of bed a little easier during alldays. Just a hunch, but even the most jaded instructor would appreciate that kind of feedback from students sometimes, I bet! Looking forward to meeting you, and welcome to Jacksonville 36265! B)

Will's mom (we had the basset hounds at camp :rolleyes:)

P.S. OldSoprano marched 1977 through 1979.

Oh yeah i was petting your dogs yesterday. haha. My mom was talking to you before camp on Friday. Thanks for the kind words, and I'm looking forward to tour. Are you going to be on tour with us this year? I haven't seen much yet, but from what I can tell the corps volunteers deserve much appreciation.

-Weedy

If it makes you feel any better, when I was told that I had a spot, I jumped off a bench, screamed, and hugged the techs until they couldn't breathe.

Then walked away like nothing happened.

Hey I also got my 1st contract this weekend from Spirit.I love it there,but when I got my contract I acted calm,but I was really excited,and all I know Scott saw me when I was...and he lefted at me for it,but I'll see you next camp Weedy

Wear the Delta proud!

Hey Reggie, I suck at names. Are you the one with the dark hair or the short hair? Or maybe I'm an idiot and am thinking of the complete wrong person, but if I'm thinking of the right people, you and another trumpet friend marched with CorpsVets and you were playing lead as a 15 year old? If you want to hit me up on Myspace or facebook feel free.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=56793799

http://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1006350231

-Weedy

Last year when I made Spirit I was soooooo excited, but to beat to do any of that jumping or screaming, haha. It took a while for it to really sink in.

I can say this though: It never feels better than it did the first time. Even though I still got a funny feeling in my stomach as I shook hands with Dr. Crotts last weekend.

-Will

Last year when I made Spirit I was soooooo excited, but to beat to do any of that jumping or screaming, haha. It took a while for it to really sink in.

I can say this though: It never feels better than it did the first time. Even though I still got a funny feeling in my stomach as I shook hands with Dr. Crotts last weekend.

-Will

Hey are you lead trumpet Will? all you guys that are marching should hit me up on Myspace or Facebook. I've got links to those in a couple of posts above here.

-Weedy

Yeah man, good to have you and Reggie and everybody else on the line.

Its going to be a good season :rolleyes: