1st contracts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's a good thing I guess in the long run. Spells out an agreement in general and principal, and expects a certain level of commitment from both sides.

Thanks for the explain...

They didn't have contracts back in my day, so it's not drum corps anymore!

Welcome to the Spirit family, Weedy!

thanks man. When did you march or instruct? The second I got my contract i felt closer to everyone there (the alumni, the vets, the staff, etc.) it's a really great feeling.

-Weedy

I'm super pumped up right now. I got offered a contract with Spirit and when Dr. Crotts told me i freaked out a little (I was actually expecting to be asked to come back next year) and I think I freaked Dr. Crotts out a little with how loud i yelled with excitement. This is my rookie year. Do you guys remember the first time you were offered contracts? How did you react?

-Weedy

Weedy, I can only respond as a Mom, but as a parent or volunteer, that kind of enthusiasm is the sort of thing that makes you smile right before going to sleep at night, and makes getting out of bed a little easier during alldays. Just a hunch, but even the most jaded instructor would appreciate that kind of feedback from students sometimes, I bet! Looking forward to meeting you, and welcome to Jacksonville 36265! B)

Will's mom (we had the basset hounds at camp :rolleyes:)

P.S. OldSoprano marched 1977 through 1979.

Edited by GeorgiaGirl

They didn't have contracts back in my day, so it's not drum corps anymore!

:P

:rolleyes:

having marched back in the good ole days I have no idea what a contract is. can't recall ever signing anything when I marched. everyone turned in a copy of their birth certificate but that was about it. I do seem to recall if you were with a corps after a certain date and wished to go to another you needed to be released from your current corps. anyone else remember that? I am talking about back in the 80s

Congrats Weedy! I welcomed you aboard back in Nov.

Our Alumni Corps shared a facliity for a day with Spirit last summer in Madison.

Great kids and such a "full" sounding horn line, that wonder drum corps goose bump sound.

Is Brad Caraway still involved with Spirit?

We were buds back in the Scouts in the 70's and I had heard he went on to be the director of Spirit.

And Geno, if you're reading this, I see I got cut out your avatar again.

Hey I also got my 1st contract this weekend from Spirit.I love it there,but when I got my contract I acted calm,but I was really excited,and all I know Scott saw me when I was...and he lefted at me for it,but I'll see you next camp Weedy

Wear the Delta proud!

Edited by Register