1st contracts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every corps is competitive to get into to, you don't know where he got his 1st contract. =/

It doesn't matter where. That reaction would be just as cocky in a low-placing Division III corps as in one of the Div I big boys.

They didn't have "contracts" when I marched. You showed up to practice and kept showing up until your line was eventually to

the size it was going to be. Over the course of the winter people would not come back or would suddenly not be there, either

because they knew they weren't keeping up or someone on staff took them aside and told them to try for next year. As long as

no one came and talked to you, and you were keeping up with everyone else... you were in.

Funny story... when I went to join Guardsmen in the fall of 1977, they asked me what was my instrument. I said I was a snare

drummer. They said: "Great! Your in your first appearance next weekend at a standstill playing The Star Spangled Banner"...

meaning my first official part played as a Guardsmen snare drummer was a buzz roll during the whole Star Spangled Banner!

As I recall, I played that buzz roll very poorly, because I was actually nervous and freaking out that I was the ONLY snare drummer!

Well, I got offered my first contract a couple of days ago around 1 AM when I checked my e-mail. I screamed, and woke up my family. Maybe I over-reacted, but I was sooo excited... and I still am b**bs ! Even though it's not a "good' corps, I love the staff, and I know that they will make this season great.

Well, I got offered my first contract a couple of days ago around 1 AM when I checked my e-mail. I screamed, and woke up my family. Maybe I over-reacted, but I was sooo excited... and I still am b**bs ! Even though it's not a "good' corps, I love the staff, and I know that they will make this season great.

Correct. You're a member of a "great" corps.

I marched pre-contract years. I just remember over hearing one tech say to the other "uhh...try and get that kid (me) to come back, he is pretty good". After about four camps we were pretty much set in the drumline, but I didn't feel at home until we started tour......then I became a "rookie jitbag" for the rest of the summer.

Enjoy your first season!

Troopers in 05 didnt have contracts, but i marched there anyway, 06 Blue Stars had contracts but i joined july 5th and didnt sign a contract then either, but the last day of december camp for Troopers for the 07 season i signed my contract and am so glad i did.

Welcome to the Troopers!!!!! You're joining a corps with a long and distinguished history. Check out the various sections of the Trooper web site, post on our message boards, talk to vets and alumni. The corps today isn't the same as the corps of yesteryear, true... but members from 2005 went to march at some of the top corps in 06, so we had the talent, just not the size. Good things should happen in 2007, and lucky you, you get to be a part of it!