Is Champions Fanfare Still Being Used?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about more full retreats period? I dont like having the only retreat be finals night. If anything, have retreats at regionals.

4'33"

I will bet you money there would be sops hanging the last release :P

Edited by fourouttheforty

Speaking of Champions Fanfare, who has watched it on the finals DVD?

I crack up everytime I hear the attack on the last chord, and then the ridiculously high/low notes that follow. :P

...edited for random typo...

Heh, I've watched it. Hiiiiilarious.

AOC is only for 2 countries. While I totally think this is better than CF, DCI is an international circuit and I think they're looking for something that reflects that. Think about it, if you flew from England or Japan for the entire summer would u want to play either the USA's national anthem mixed with Canada's? Probly not.

Good point. I just loved the power of it...there were a lot of good parts to it. And Im not just saying this because its our national anthem.

Full retreat at regionals sounds like a great idea, because then we would not be overdoing retreats to the point of annoyance. Who wants to go to a retreat with 3 corps on the field?

Edited by marchinalong8

Speaking of Champions Fanfare, who has watched it on the finals DVD?

I crack up everytime I hear the attack on the last chord, and then the ridiculously high/low notes that follow. :P

...edited for random typo...

do you think this would still happen if CF or AOC or whatever was played before the announcement of scores. it always seems to me that the high/low notes or cracked notes and all that are because the scores have already been announced and people are either happy/###### off about the results and don't care any more. they see it as a pointless thing they just have to "get through" so they can leave the field.

IMO, if it was played before the scores...it'd be a lot better...no matter what they are playing.

I heard Champions Fanfare about 15 times last summer. It only sounded like drum corps when I heard it on finals night. I realized that night that it was written for a whole lot of horns!!!! There were some shows I went to during the regular season that the song just plain sounded horrid!!!! BRING BACK AOC!!!!! :drool:

Forget "America/O Canada" and the Champions Fanfare ... bring back the real traditional retreat format with each corps playing themselves off the field one by one and trooping past the champion! (That's all I have to say about that. :) )

Edited by Orpheus

Forget "America/O Canada" and the Champions Fanfare ... bring back the real traditional retreat format with each corps playing themselves off the field one by one and trooping past the champion! (That's all I have to say about that. :) )

Oh please ... please ... pretty please ... and thank you for this post!