the case for woodwinds in drumcorps pt II

I take it those groups are calling themselves Bands not Drum & Bugle Corps. Wish they could have come up with some original uniforms. For what they are they look pretty good.

As for DCI and DCA ever allowing woodwinds on the field :doh::doh::doh: no, no and no.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very true too. They're better than a lot of bands I've (they move pretty #### well considering what they're doing). Infact, I'd almost some they could make the top 12. That's right, I went there.

That's a bit of a stretch isn't it??? :doh:

there are more than just this video. Is this the same case as DCJ where entire design teams from american corps are on staff overseas?

When did the Cavaliers add girls? b**bs

I do think it's great that other youth around the world are doing their own versions of band and drum corps. And while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I hope that many of these groups would include music or design shows that feature their own rich musical heritage and native instruments. Are they HS bands or are they independant groups like some of the European bands?

But adding woodwinds does bring an interesting point. Depending on how it's done and the size of the corps, would Madison and the Cavaliers have to add girls in order to get the best woodwind players?

I know many guys play woodwinds, I'm one of them. But would their be enough high quality male woodwinds interested in those two corps? <**>

Just something that popped into my head watching the video.

Watch the Cavaliers clip, those kids are moving VERY WELL for a high school band. Now give them a drum corps rehearsal schedule, they will be just as clean and effective as some corps. It's not like corps don't get away with tons of dirt now (because they do).

But - Top 12? You can't be trying to say these guys are in with Glassmen, Sprit, Colts and Blue Stars, are you? I know you want to hype up woodwinds but......

I have pictures of the Crossmen version of the thailand marching band. I cant figure out how to post them though. But its really funny.

If you're going to steal, might as well steal from the best. In terms of the quality, it's honestly no worse than I've seen many of our own homegrown Div 2 and 3 corps present, and actually a little better than some.

The woodwinds still suck though.

Interesting that the Thai word for 'dut' is....'dut'. :P

Edited by mobrien