Serenade In Brass

OK, so you're in the capital on a Saturday, having fun at the Forum and you get hungry, but you don't want Chinese food.

Where the heck do you eat? Is Strawberry Square going to be open with fast food available? Anyone know?

I know there are hotels with restaurants, but that's a bit much. I like to go in; practice, kabitz, eat, play, watch a little of the show and wait for the white noise to clear from my head, my hearing to return, and drive home.

Brought my own food last year and had my 5 year old with me. What a picky eater! Just him and me, sitting in the car while the wind buffeted our vehicle.

"Just eat the sandwich, will ya!"

"I don't like it!" "I want chicken nuggets."

"That does it, don't eat the darn sandwich, but you're sitting in the front row when Sky, or Cabs, or somebody like that is on."

"Who are they?"

"Doesn't matter, they're real loud!"

"I don't want to listen...they better than your guys?"

"Just eat the sandwich while you still have a ride home."

I heard Molly Brannigans Irish Pub, right next to the Hilton (two blocks from the Forum) will be offering special fare at special prices to drum corps folks who come in that Saturday.............. last year the place was packed with corps folks across the afternoon, and the food was great!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Molly Branigan's is great.

Kokomo's is great for anyone who likes many different kinds of wings as well.

i thought the guard was sitting it out. :lol:

but i'm more than willing to schlep pit equipment for the cause. :)

OK Bridgemen are ready!!! we can't wait to get there!

only question we keep hearing is how are we gonna fit?? Is there someone to help take care of this? we will be 80+ horns, 30 drummers, and 30 guard.... someone said its gonna get real tight.

God, you guys will be crammed in. It is really easy to overpower the acoustics of the Forum. It was built to enhance soft speech and music. Drum corps totally overwhelms the place. With that many horns you may want to tell your strongest players to back off a bit. I know, not likely, but your recording will sound like crap if you don't try to work with the acoustics a little.

The crowd will love it, though. Can't wait to see you guys.

God, you guys will be crammed in. It is really easy to overpower the acoustics of the Forum. It was built to enhance soft speech and music. Drum corps totally overwhelms the place. With that many horns you may want to tell your strongest players to back off a bit. I know, not likely, but your recording will sound like crap if you don't try to work with the acoustics a little.

The crowd will love it, though. Can't wait to see you guys.

Have to Agree. The TBIRDS have had the privilage of performing there several times and have found that 30 or so brass have just as big an impact and maybe more so than say...60.

Having said that.....your rehearsal stage time is the time to work things out and make adjustments. It's tough but it can be done. Hope you have a great show. You'll love the Forum.

Have to Agree. The TBIRDS have had the privilage of performing there several times and have found that 30 or so brass have just as big an impact and maybe more so than say...60.

Having said that.....your rehearsal stage time is the time to work things out and make adjustments. It's tough but it can be done. Hope you have a great show. You'll love the Forum.

Agreed!,..............Think dynamics, and musicallity, not so much of "blow the walls down" needed at the Forum..............

i chuckle everything i think about the comment. after yesterday's rehearsal . . . . oh yeah. :lol: