Scouts 07 Drumline

MJN

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you polled the young men that marhed 2002 and all those involved with that corps and asked if it was a failure, you wouldn't get the "it was a failure answer." As people have pointed out, if coming home 14th is a failure competitivley, thats your opinion, however, I wouldn't make a blanket statement like that when it is really an opinion if you measure the corps by only using 9 judges, but to each their own.

It was a very huge management failure which cost people their jobs.

Sorry to keep going on this, but I cannot think of any significant management failures that occured that summer. Was it the pinacle of show design? No. But not a management failure.

Thanks about the picture - But, I still don't know if I follow what you're saying. When you say break, do you mean pull, or like break (stick through head)? And durable? In my pre-kevlar playing days, they were impossible to keep tuned, and we went through a ton of them, then in 1988 Kevlar :)

Yes - break as in sticks going through the head and yes, keeping them tuned

I suppose it's an instructor's choice though as to what kind of sound he wants.

I'm just speaking from what I know of today's drums. Kevlar is the preferred head but because of Madison's recent style they chose Mylar.

Today I talked to a alum that marched '02. He marched '02-'06, and said '02 was an awesome year, and he had the most fun in '02.

Take it for what it's worth.

Yes - break as in sticks going through the head and yes, keeping them tuned

I suppose it's an instructor's choice though as to what kind of sound he wants.

I'm just speaking from what I know of today's drums. Kevlar is the preferred head but because of Madison's recent style they chose Mylar.

They only chose mylar as a bottom head. When I made the post about Roger changing clear mylar to kevlar, it was about bottom heads. They may have tried/expieremented with mylar on top in 98, but never on top since then and not on top at the end of the year since, I believe, 1987.

Cool - thanks for the clarification. I watched BD-B clip from 05 on the Vic Firth site looking for Chris and didn't see him. I guess I'll watch again and check out Kenny.

That's because BDB 05 clips don't exist on Vic Firth. You can find them on youtube, or google video though.

Chris is one in from the right end. (Tenor side)

You can find Kenny one in from the end (Cymbals side) on the BDB 06 clips on Vic Firth.

My opinion - failure/no - dissapointing/yes. I sat and watched at quaterfinals and was hugely dissapointed when it became apparent that Semi's would be their last show. I don't know the managemet failure that was mentioned, but I do know I really liked the show, and I thought the drumline was one of their strongest since 97.

Eh, I wouldn't sweat it...I noticed something Tom said in an earlier post in this thread which, in my opinion, spoke volumes....soooo, I don't know for sure, but I think it's just a case of "sour grapes"...

:P