VK Announces their 2007 show

I don't see why not. They are capitalizing on a once great corps, why not plagerize the shows they are taking credit for too?

(ouch) Shame on me. Let the Flames begin.

Well, baritone guy. I marched in the Velvet Knights, I taught the Velvet Knights, and I also was on the BoD of Impulse at one time. I was one of the architects of the VK image that most people recognize. (You should have seen some of the stuff on the original list composed in a Holiday Inn hotel room in Bessemer, Alabama, during championships in 1980. They never used my favorite idea. Ask Dan Zeilinger, VK's current director. He was one of the authors. So was Mike McCool.)

I was bitterly dissappointed when VK was mismanaged into oblivion. I hate those guys.

But the people restarting the corps are alumni, and I've been contacting other alumni to get them behind the project. It seems to be working as several alumni have recently signed up to be part of VK's "Friends and Family" program.

Now, if I'm not angry about this, and if other alumni aren't angry, what's your problem?

Shame on you, indeed.

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bitterly dissappointed when VK was mismanaged into oblivion. I hate those guys.

AMEN GARRY!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!!!!!!

VK didn't exactly have MBA's running the corps in the 80's either.

Your point? I seem to recall we didn't either...but at least we were solvent and uhhh...oh yeah. IN FINALS.

Good luck VK.

Hey Turner... how's it gonna feel to say...

"Velvet Knights, you may take the field in competition!"

I'm a conflicted soul right now. But the side of me--the REAL side of me--that just likes to get along, likes to see things work, likes to see the success of a venture happen, likes to see MY "playground" of southern California kick ###...

Well...I'd be dishonest to say I'd feel anything but happiness that there's yet another opportunity for kids to have what I had--so be it the Velvet Knights or Pacific Crest or Impulse or the Buconic Buttkissers from Burbank...I'll be good with it.

Buconic Buttkissers from Burbank

With a name like that, they'd probably win DCI.

[rimshot]

I kid, I kid.

but seriously, folks.... ^0^