VK Announces their 2007 show

If i don't get the chance to talk with a VK member on tour this season, I'm going to be really disappointed. Good luck!

-Weedy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Chucks are incorporated into the new unis.

I predict the show will start with the Magical Mystery Tour lick.

And for reference, VK is playing the same ballad as Cadets this year. Let the comparisons begin!

It is "highly likely" that there will be a MMT "moment" in the show, but not right at the beginning.......

And....

Yes, we are also doing "Hide and Seek".....along with a couple other Cadets' moments from the past.....or should I say moments from the Garfield Cadets?

As I am currently working on the horn book, there are MANY moments from drum corps past and present that are finding their way into the horn book. There is even a rumor that some Renegades' moments might work their way in there as well, especially as we are doing a "Matrix" piece. :blink: And the hornline learned the Violent Femmes/English Beat stuff at the last camp (with a few other Easter Eggs in there as well). It's been a blast to work on this show!!!

The horn book will be complete by the February camp....

Oh, and a BIG shout out to Jason B.--Thanks for your support! It'll be weird running into Freelancers alumni this year at Nationals with a Velvet Knights jacket on...... B)

And "peace!" to Ryan Turner as well. I know that you feel passionately about VK and, since we've worked with each other in the past (even though I was only down at Dream for a weekend clinic!), I REALLY hope you enjoy what we have in store.....and hope to have the chance to hang out sometime on tour.......

Peace out, yo!

Thanks Clint--looking/hearing forward to what you have.

But can you be a pal...and just make a section of your music "The Ode to the Buconic Buttkissers"?

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

Buconic Buttkissers from Burbank...I'll be good with it.

Do they have any affiliation with the Snapettes??

b**bs

It is "highly likely" that there will be a MMT "moment" in the show, but not right at the beginning.......

And....

Yes, we are also doing "Hide and Seek".....along with a couple other Cadets' moments from the past.....or should I say moments from the Garfield Cadets?

As I am currently working on the horn book, there are MANY moments from drum corps past and present that are finding their way into the horn book. There is even a rumor that some Renegades' moments might work their way in there as well, especially as we are doing a "Matrix" piece. :blink: And the hornline learned the Violent Femmes/English Beat stuff at the last camp (with a few other Easter Eggs in there as well). It's been a blast to work on this show!!!

Oh, and a BIG shout out to Jason B.--Thanks for your support! It'll be weird running into Freelancers alumni this year at Nationals with a Velvet Knights jacket on...... B)

And "peace!" to Ryan Turner as well. I know that you feel passionately about VK and, since we've worked with each other in the past (even though I was only down at Dream for a weekend clinic!), I REALLY hope you enjoy what we have in store.....and hope to have the chance to hang out sometime on tour.......

Peace out, yo!

Sounds like a great show!

Thanks Clint--looking/hearing forward to what you have.

But can you be a pal...and just make a section of your music "The Ode to the Buconic Buttkissers"?

I'll try. Sounds more like a parking lot chord progression to me, though......hmmm.....

Whatever you can do brother--whatever you can do! :-D

And....

Peace out, yo!

Good luck to you and VK, Clint.

I think we both remember the Saturday night of that weekend all to well. That Honda was a target, the last time it was driven, a PG&E truck totalled it.

OK totally off topic-ish maybe. We have bridgemen and VK back DCI please line up a show for us with impulse VK and Surf in it and Bridgemen and th eexhibition corps pleaaaaaaaase. oh DII is going to be so much fun w/ 3 big time entertainment corps.

Bridgemen are an alumni corps in DCA, though it is not entirely impossible for the three to get into one show sometime in the future, it would certainly have to be on the east coast.