'94 PR Clair de Lune

OK, so I'm not the first person to marvel at everyone remembering the moon cooperating with our '94 performance of Debussy's 'Clair de Lune.' But can anybody top this? Creativity and originality count, go for it!

For those who don't know the story, can somebody direct us to a video online? I haven't found one yet.

'94 Regiment basically repeated the wildly successful show. Same closer, same Crab Step, same "take off the helmet" thing in the really cool ballad. "Why not?" was the reason I was told they selected that program. Kind of a Kinky Friedman thing, I guess.

But the ballad was really cool. In addition to getting to march in front of the sideline (OK, not the first to do that I know), the moon was very cooperative Finals night.

The guard uniform was hot--imagine the '06 guard with black and flesh-colored striped uni's. Kind of like the night full moon with clouds in front of it (thanks for the description, Spook). Matching silks. Then at the end of the ballad we do this nice kneel down and face backfield stage right. Two things were in clear view, I'm told--the Jumbotron (real great guys--scopin yourselves out during a performance!), and the full moon.

Now, this was so cool because it pretty much didn't stop raining and being overcast until Saturday. Intermittent rain all week, clouds, yadda, yadda. Then as if the lunar table, the national weather service, and our performance time had all conspired--boom! There's the moon.

Two questions: Can anybody top that for all-out heavenly cool? And two, did Cesario come up with that, go up to Boston, check out the lay of the stadium, write it into the show, etc? Tony, you?? You guys don't tell me that was just luck and we didn't do our thing to the left with no Jumbotron and no moon.

And no, the SkyRyders 'dove' thing doesn't count. Don't worry, I marched there, too--I'm not bad-mouthing anybody. The only thing I can think of is the Madison Fire Station thing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not nearly as cool, but during the Cadets performance this year in Huntington, after the whole "History repeating" part, some fire engines or the like started up which provided quite a bit of comedy in between the musical selections, and then during the big cut off during the ballad, a plane flew near/over the stadium right after the cut off for an AMAZING effect.

But honestly doesn't sound like it comes close to this

Edited by Huntington Mallets

That can probably only be topped if someone has an amazing story involving the rain, I'd guess.

That can probably only be topped if someone has an amazing story involving the rain, I'd guess.

Any of you guys from '93 Scouts?? You guys know about the rain. I missed your finals performance getting hot dogs and stuff, but from the tunnel it sounded like the weather smacked you guys in the face, you stood up and said, "That all you've got?" Exciting performance--I made sure to check it out on tape!

OK, so I'm not the first person to marvel at everyone remembering the moon cooperating with our '94 performance of Debussy's 'Clair de Lune.' But can anybody top this? Creativity and originality count, go for it!

For those who don't know the story, can somebody direct us to a video online? I haven't found one yet.

'94 Regiment basically repeated the wildly successful show. Same closer, same Crab Step, same "take off the helmet" thing in the really cool ballad. "Why not?" was the reason I was told they selected that program. Kind of a Kinky Friedman thing, I guess.

But the ballad was really cool. In addition to getting to march in front of the sideline (OK, not the first to do that I know), the moon was very cooperative Finals night.

The guard uniform was hot--imagine the '06 guard with black and flesh-colored striped uni's. Kind of like the night full moon with clouds in front of it (thanks for the description, Spook). Matching silks. Then at the end of the ballad we do this nice kneel down and face backfield stage right. Two things were in clear view, I'm told--the Jumbotron (real great guys--scopin yourselves out during a performance!), and the full moon.

Now, this was so cool because it pretty much didn't stop raining and being overcast until Saturday. Intermittent rain all week, clouds, yadda, yadda. Then as if the lunar table, the national weather service, and our performance time had all conspired--boom! There's the moon.

Two questions: Can anybody top that for all-out heavenly cool? And two, did Cesario come up with that, go up to Boston, check out the lay of the stadium, write it into the show, etc? Tony, you?? You guys don't tell me that was just luck and we didn't do our thing to the left with no Jumbotron and no moon.

And no, the SkyRyders 'dove' thing doesn't count. Don't worry, I marched there, too--I'm not bad-mouthing anybody. The only thing I can think of is the Madison Fire Station thing.

Here's one for ya. My guard partner during Clair de Lune (who's name escapes me...) told me during Finals week that she knew someone on the TV crew, and could get us a close-up during the sideline shenanigans (thankfully, there was no artsy fartsy dancing for me--just stood there and played while she stole my helmet...) I was like, "uh...yeah, sure." Wouldn't you know, first thing Dr. Greg (my housing parent) tells me, back to Rockford, is he saw a closeup of me during Clair de Lune! In the exact spot she said they would. (cue music from The Zone...)

I remember reading a post about SCV 05, when it was raining (I think during finals) and all of a sudden it just stopped raining during a part of the show... I think the hit in RCM.

~>conner

I remember reading a post about SCV 05, when it was raining (I think during finals) and all of a sudden it just stopped raining during a part of the show... I think the hit in RCM.

Close. It began to rain just as SCV set up. The competition was temporarily postponed and the stadium cleared, as the approaching storm was, supposedly, quite severe. After about an hour delay, SCV took the field and gave the performance of the night.

What about Glassmen 04 - performing in that monsoon at Allentown, that was pretty cool.

What about Glassmen 04 - performing in that monsoon at Allentown, that was pretty cool.

I'm always jealous when I see those videos on the dvd. it looks like a lot of fun.

~>conner