Look at this

• 1 month later...

The amazing thing is the costume (minus the head gear lol) could be used by any guard today. (in lycra, of course, not poly :P )

I don't think I understand the point of this thread........

I don't think I understand the point of this thread........

I think Ms. H was making a point about how some elements in show design are timeless, and they are not as rare in our activity *as the "hip, current, in the now, have to be absolutely frickin different each and every single year" crowd would have you believe. The activity may have evolved, but I have been told by numerous elders that we all learn how to toss, spin, and march the same way our founders were taught way back in 1958, 1962, 1968, 1972, 1979, 1983, 1989, etc.

Edited by mpsanchez

• 3 weeks later...
This is a picture of the 1978 Anaheim Kingsmen Winter Guard. They took 2nd place at WGI Western Regional that year. Themed shows and uniforms without cadets have been around a long time.

AK.jpg

I see my friend and student I taught Tanya Woods in this picture. Her name may be different now, but she was a good flag when she marched in high school.

Hey! I wore "cadets" and was darn proud of it!

I love the Anaheim Kingsmen guard, but these unis do NOTHING for me! Even minus the headgear...