1988 .. an incredible year of change

OMG, Spaz. One of the only Scouts I can specifically remember by name after they befriended us in '89. We did this concert in MI and then the Crusaders and Scouts starting hanging out a lot. I remember in Montreal having a night off at we're in this place and the Scouts show up & then the Blue Devils. What a love fest that night. One of my best memories.

Dave

BAC '87-'90

I think that was SCV rather than BD!

We definitely did Montreal in 89. I still have a menu from the beergartens :)

I can remember that night (sort of). There were a few corps in there too. In fact I probably have pictures with some of you in them.

Super Sop (Is this DH by chance?)

That's me ... Dan Hurd. I had a great time watching you guys (MSARP) do your final run before Semi's last year. I'll get the dvd ripped from my camera eventually.

I remember Montreal too.. I think it was 89, because the next year we did Vancouver instead.

and just a side note

but how cool is it when members of one corps are so crazy that members from ANOTHER corps still know them by name 20 years later? LOL

Along that line of thinking:

These people were all so cool and so much fun to know - that I can still remember many of their names almost 20 year later (although some of them, I already knew from Sky Ryders etc.):

These are from the 1988 All Star Drum and Bugle Corps trip to Orlando/Miami. We're near the entrance to EPCOT Center at Walt Disney World. Easily the most fun I EVER had associated with drum corps.

DCMgroup3-RS.jpg

Some of the names I can remember from this bunch are (roughly from left to right - sorry if I skip people. Maybe others can identify the ones I can't?):

Brian ??, Tim Kviz (active DCP poster), Jeff (J.D) Shaw, behind him in sunglasses is Spaz, Clay Wacholz, Dan Feeney, Mike Ellis, Brian Hildreth, Chris Harmon, Kevin Vukosovic, Julie Slick, Brian Harrison.

DCMgroup4-RS.jpg

Most of the same people in this one, but in the middle looking to the right is Bill Zier (went to Madison after this and is now at B.D. - visual staff)

I remember Montreal too.. I think it was 89, because the next year we did Vancouver instead.

Along that line of thinking:

These people were all so cool and so much fun to know - that I can still remember many of their names almost 20 year later (although some of them, I already knew from Sky Ryders etc.):

These are from the 1988 All Star Drum and Bugle Corps trip to Orlando/Miami. We're near the entrance to EPCOT Center at Walt Disney World. Easily the most fun I EVER had associated with drum corps.

DCMgroup3-RS.jpg

Some of the names I can remember from this bunch are (roughly from left to right - sorry if I skip people. Maybe others can identify the ones I can't?):

Brian ??, Tim Kviz (active DCP poster), Jeff (J.D) Shaw, behind him in sunglasses is Spaz, Clay Wacholz, Dan Feeney, Mike Ellis, Brian Hildreth, Chris Harmon, Kevin Vukosovic, Julie Slick, Brian Harrison.

DCMgroup4-RS.jpg

Most of the same people in this one, but in the middle looking to the right is Bill Zier (went to Madison after this and is now at B.D. - visual staff)

Have some funny stories about JD Shaw, now that he is the arranger for Regiment.

He did a dead on bullwinkle impersonation LOL

And I had forgotten all about Slick.

Ever meet Neeley?

Neeley and Slick were joined at the hip LOL always causing some problem or another LOL

Last of the Regiment French Horns...sigh

Ahhh the memories LOL

Does no one else remember Dan-o getting thrown in jail in montreal for trying to steal the city flag?

Not sure of the year but I swear I heard that happened.

Yup - Dan Berard - Dano. He was climbing up a flagpole to try to steal the flag

(because it had the Fluer-De-Lis in the logo) We had to wait at the busses for

him for several hours because of that stunt. So what happened? The Montreal

Cops admired his sentimental reason for wanting the flag and gave

him a Montreal Police patch (which also contained the Fluer-De-Lis)

I guess I need to try to steal more stuff. :ph34r:

It's memories like these that remind me of the great fun and comraderie

that happened on tour!

Yup - Dan Berard - Dano. He was climbing up a flagpole to try to steal the flag

(because it had the Fluer-De-Lis in the logo) We had to wait at the busses for

him for several hours because of that stunt. So what happened? The Montreal

Cops admired his sentimental reason for wanting the flag and gave

him a Montreal Police patch (which also contained the Fluer-De-Lis)

I guess I need to try to steal more stuff. :ph34r:

It's memories like these that remind me of the great fun and comraderie

that happened on tour!

Thanks for the confirmation. I KNEW that had happened LOL

Was starting to worry I had dreamed it up.

Have some funny stories about JD Shaw, now that he is the arranger for Regiment.

He did a dead on bullwinkle impersonation LOL

And I had forgotten all about Slick.

Ever meet Neeley?

Neeley and Slick were joined at the hip LOL always causing some problem or another LOL

Last of the Regiment French Horns...sigh

I think the guy in the foreground of the second photo (in the bluish shirt) is Dave Chapik (sp?). He was in the mello section from '85 (?) to '89.